Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New lives in the wild tv show
14 May 2013, 14:50,
RE: New lives in the wild tv show
I've watched the first and last one thought they are quite good. I am very jealous of them. I can't think of anything better than a remote desert island.
14 May 2013, 15:01, (This post was last modified: 14 May 2013, 15:06 by bigpaul.)
(14 May 2013, 14:50)Anything Really Wrote: I've watched the first and last one thought they are quite good. I am very jealous of them. I can't think of anything better than a remote desert island.

trouble with ANY island is you have to bring in all your food supplies from the mainland by boat(or helicopter)...Tesco's don't deliver!!Big Grin

the programme last night wasn't bad, but I can help wondering if he had that lovely LARGE metal airstream camper why he bothered building that TINY little house? seems a waste of time and effort to me! not a bad place though but I think i'd like somewhere a bit more temperate I think it was far too hot, did you see how much Ben Fogle was burnt by the sun after only 1 week?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 May 2013, 15:08,
I couldnt cope in the heat, or with the religous neighbours.
14 May 2013, 15:11,
(14 May 2013, 15:08)Metroyeti Wrote: I couldnt cope in the heat, or with the religous neighbours.

I don't want ANY neighbours(full stop)!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 May 2013, 15:16,
I wouldnt mind a few if they were a couple of miles away and like minded, someone who could help with certain tasks or you could trade with. Brewing beer to swap with fisherman, think the guy on the desert island had it well sussed
14 May 2013, 15:28,
I prefer to be alone.
14 May 2013, 19:47,
WHAT!!!! no delivery?? For £15 they can delivery it where i want them to Smile

Maybe you could introduce a few species to the island; sheeps and cows etc. Hopefully they can survive off the grass available that way it won't take me four weeks to mow the front lawn.
14 May 2013, 22:50,
Just watched the Alaska and New Zealand ones on Demand 5. Very interesting series.

Surprised at how much BF still seems wedded to the urban lifestyle, after the experiences he's had; castaway 2000, rowing the atlantic, south pole trek, etc. you'd have thought he would be in the vanguard on something like this, but instead he seems to be reacting to these people's lifestyles in wide eyed amazement! He also seems to be incredibly risk-averse. ("chopping down a tree in the woods, miles from the nearest hospital? Horrors!")
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
15 May 2013, 08:59,
had to laugh when he was on the horse-"elf and safety" made him wear a helmet!!!Big GrinBig Grin