Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon & Cornwall SUK group.
16 May 2013, 10:04,
RE: Devon & Cornwall SUK group.
I just thought that as we are getting lots of new members now from all over.....hopefully at some point we will get some more from Devon & Cornwall...I was thinking of starting a PURELY Devon and Cornwall group, not somerset, not Wiltshire, not Hampshire or anywhere else but a purely LOCAL group where we can get together on a face to face level rather than anonymously on a computer screen, nothing heavy not" oh its Friday night I've GOT to go to the SUK meeting AGAIN tonight !" but informly as and when people have the time and the inclination and its not 100/200 miles up the road its local say 10 miles away not a major expedition, and we can discuss LOCAL prepping issues that apply to us in this area, like telling people that X road from E to M has fallen off into the river( has happened twice lately) and that said road will be closed for the next 4 months for major repairs, so alternative routes will have to be found, and anyone using that as a BO route will have to make alterations to their plan....that sort of thing.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 May 2013, 10:41,
After reading stuff others have wrote about this ....it makes me think personally...(.if) it were me ....would I want people who didn't have the same mindset/ views "post collapse" before TSHTF ? 2....would I want members in this community who prayed to their gods for some outside help (GOV) to come in 3 months after the event and say see ya thanks for the company ? 3....would I want people who would manipulate others to their views..and breakaway later on ? 4...would I want people in my group who would hanker for things to like how it was before the event (oh I really miss my plasma tv and sky plus box etc) ? my answer to all these questions would be a big NO....sorry but I couldn't "work with these types " id be wasting my time IMO.
16 May 2013, 10:45, (This post was last modified: 16 May 2013, 10:57 by bigpaul.)
(16 May 2013, 10:41)RoadWarrior Wrote: After reading stuff others have wrote about this ....it makes me think personally...(.if) it were me ....would I want people who didn't have the same mindset/ views "post collapse" before TSHTF ? 2....would I want members in this community who prayed to their gods for some outside help (GOV) to come in 3 months after the event and say see ya thanks for the company ? 3....would I want people who would manipulate others to their views..and breakaway later on ? 4...would I want people in my group who would hanker for things to like how it was before the event (oh I really miss my plasma tv and sky plus box etc) ? my answer to all these questions would be a big NO....sorry but I couldn't "work with these types " id be wasting my time IMO.

yeah but you seem to be talking non preppers, why would SHEEPLE want to join a prepper group? they wouldn't even be on this forum.

membership of the group will be by private invitation only.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 May 2013, 12:22,
(16 May 2013, 10:45)bigpaul Wrote:
(16 May 2013, 10:41)RoadWarrior Wrote: After reading stuff others have wrote about this ....it makes me think personally...(.if) it were me ....would I want people who didn't have the same mindset/ views "post collapse" before TSHTF ? 2....would I want members in this community who prayed to their gods for some outside help (GOV) to come in 3 months after the event and say see ya thanks for the company ? 3....would I want people who would manipulate others to their views..and breakaway later on ? 4...would I want people in my group who would hanker for things to like how it was before the event (oh I really miss my plasma tv and sky plus box etc) ? my answer to all these questions would be a big NO....sorry but I couldn't "work with these types " id be wasting my time IMO.

yeah but you seem to be talking non preppers, why would SHEEPLE want to join a prepper group? they wouldn't even be on this forum.

membership of the group will be by private invitation only.

Probably the two biggest things are with the internet you can be who you want and no body really knows who or what you really are. And it can take a lot of time for trust to be built up.

Yes we may be able to do some ground work on trust by personal meeting at present which may be of help post SHTF, if you survive, and there is no guarantee of that either you or me will survive. Post SHTF will be a totally new ball game. Those that survive will just have to play it as best they can.

I am reminded of the opening of the original TV Survivors series back in 1970's.
Greg did not want to be a leader, he had enough of that before, always having to make decisions. While Abby was looked upon as their leader but always asked Greg and I think wished he would take over the leadership.

All I am saying in what I posted is be aware, think things through and may be think the unthinkable.

Lastly to think of things now, even the unthinkable, while you are sitting in your comfy armchair will give you a head start if you are one of the survivors post SHTF because you then think to yourself, I thought about this before, these were the pros and cons that I saw then so I already have a fair idea now that it happened.

Never know you may end up being looked up to.
To follow on to Genesis - Hero of a Survivor, the follow on to Survivors, in books, Peter was a leader, they had people dying with stomach ache.
He remembered something from way back about boiling all water for drinking and washing of food and utensils. He issued his instructions and the problem stopped. The others looked up to him for he, at least appeared to know what to do.

So to say again, groups and more so community post SHTF will be a must but just be warned that they don't generally work out pre-SHTF.

Give it go if you feel that way but just be aware.

If you like its a bit like buyer beware.

Plus you never know you may just get one of those sheeple may realizes that the government will not be coming over the hill to save them and join this or some other group and may be become one of the survivors.

BTW What criteria were you thinking of for your 'private invitation only'?
And is the group going to be a democracy or dictatorship?
Just something else to consider.
16 May 2013, 12:24,
sorry mate , I meant archair preppers /fantasist types that was all .
16 May 2013, 12:28,
I thought it'd be more of a " lets pop to the pub, drink cider and compare fold up tin openers" kinda thing whereas from some of the posts above it seems to be more of a lets get fully fatigued and go off into the woods and be all "The Hills Have Eyes".

I guess i'm more a hobby prepper after all...LOL
16 May 2013, 12:31, (This post was last modified: 16 May 2013, 12:32 by Scythe13.)
(16 May 2013, 12:28)The Ragman Wrote: I thought it'd be more of a " lets pop to the pub, drink cider and compare fold up tin openers" kinda thing whereas from some of the posts above it seems to be more of a lets get fully fatigued and go off into the woods and be all "The Hills Have Eyes".

I guess i'm more a hobby prepper after all...LOL

As for me and my perspective on what it'll be...

Pub meet ups. Radio chat...to those in range. Regular more-normal meets. Standardising equipment (I say we all use the MOLLE system), camp trips. Tree planting around the local area. Edible food mapping....etc

Post SHTF.....EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF HAHAHAHA, I'm kidding.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 May 2013, 12:37,
[/quote]

As for me and my perspective on what it'll be...

Pub meet ups. Radio chat...to those in range. Regular more-normal meets. Standardising equipment (I say we all use the MOLLE system), camp trips. Tree planting around the local area. Edible food mapping....etc

Post SHTF.....EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF HAHAHAHA, I'm kidding.
[/quote]

Now that's more like it :-) As I said i'm only over that way a few times a year, but when i am the first Ciders on me :-)
16 May 2013, 13:04, (This post was last modified: 16 May 2013, 13:16 by bigpaul.)
i'm getting totally pissed off now, I wished i'd kept my big mouth shut! the replies i'm getting only seem to reinforce my "lone wolf" philosophy, as it is there will only be 3 of us in D&C so hardly a militia force is it?

(16 May 2013, 12:22)John Wrote: if you survive, and there is no guarantee of that either you or me will survive.

yes, that the first thing you ever said to us, I don't know about you-I get the feeling your health is not good- but we intend to survive...whats the point in prepping otherwise? and don't say" for the ones that come after us" cos thats complete BS, i'm surviving so me and mine can survive, not so some one elses brat can help themselves to my supplies!
16 May 2013, 14:05,
(16 May 2013, 12:22)John Wrote: BTW What criteria were you thinking of for your 'private invitation only'?
And is the group going to be a democracy or dictatorship?

You'll need an invite to the meetings. They will be held in a secret location (most likely in BP's underground bunker) and if your name isn't on the list you won't be getting in. You'll be required to learn a secret password, handshake and dance to gain entry. Retina scans, fingerprints and sperm & stool samples will be held on file by the group.

Encrypted dates, times and locations of the meetings will be printed out and posted onto a lamp post in deepest darkest Cornwall. Via Special Reconnaissance Pigeon you shall receive a grid reference for the lamp post, and a key so you can unencrypt the message. You'll be required to dispatch the bird on arrival, lest it leak our secrets to the Israelis.

Failure to comply with any of the above will lead to summary execution, and expulsion from the group.