Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon & Cornwall SUK group.
16 May 2013, 14:08,
RE: Devon & Cornwall SUK group.
(16 May 2013, 14:05)BeardyMan Wrote: Failure to comply with any of the above will lead to summary execution, and expulsion from the group.

yes, execution comes first, THEN the person will be BANNED from any further meetings!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 May 2013, 14:09,
That was BRILLIANT, BeardyMan!!!
I am in STITCHES!!! Big Grin
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
16 May 2013, 19:45,
Guys, Get serious and get back on track. It is a simple meet of like minded people where you can discuss anything you want including the state of the world. You need to get to know who you feel comfortable with and build relationships. Longer term you may even consider joining together or at least providing aid when necessary.

So who is up for the meet?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 May 2013, 20:46, (This post was last modified: 16 May 2013, 20:58 by Scythe13.)
As previously posted, I'm up for the meet.

Also on a serious note, we do need to take baby steps. The journey of a thousand miles started with a single step....right? WRONG! Who walks 1000 miles without planning and preperation? The journey of a thousand miles starts with a thought towards taking the first step!

Whether we're up for working in a group or not is what BP is asking. There are at least 3 that are, plus wives..and dogs. So that's 6 adults and BM's Sid. After that, it's dogs and other pets.

Best thing to do, for now, get more names and start the process off....face to face meets. We might get together and just not get along. Everyone being alpha male. Or not like each other's ideas or ethics.

For now, lets just take names, see whose interested, then use meets ro see how we all interact to figure out whether it is worth persuing further...which I hope it is.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
17 May 2013, 08:11,
Whilst I still desperately want to help new preppers get established I think that in general after prepping and survival has now been going for well over 25 years or more in the UK I would like to see it progress to a higher level for the established preppers who live the full on prepper lifestyle.

I’m thinking about setting up a Cleveland / Co Durham area group and its also going to be purely invite only, but its not going to have any urban preppers or anyone who has not made extensive preps already eg changed vehicle, domestic alterations, caches and a writtten plan, to many wannabes knocking around for me who have multiple excuses as to why they cannot (pick issue) . I agree with your selective membership set up as it will keep the armchair preppers, wannabes and hobbyists at arms length. I love the American “ Can do” attitude instead of the dominant “ I cant” attitude of many Brits.

Working that day ( put a days holiday in), Wrong shift ( change it) Cant get baby sitter ( even though had weeks to get one sorted), not enough notice ( from a guy I gave nearly 4 months notice to), cars busted ( bus, train, taxi, bike, walk your supposed to be a ferkin prepper) Me mum wont mind the bairns (!!!!!!) The dogs ill (FFS) Its too expensive ( Event was free) too far to travel (18 miles, I know preppers who travel 400 miles to attend rvs)

Just this once I think I agree partially with P2S’s approach of SOME selective criteria to help weed out the wasters and hobbyists, Good god almighty I wish all the preppers I know had the motivation and commitment that bunch who came to Castle NR a few weeks ago, they were inspirational.

if we are to progress prepping in the UK I think we are sadly going to have to start driving the issue forward by sidelining the hobbyists and armchairs who can only make polite apologies instead of serious preps.
NR
17 May 2013, 11:30,
Sheesh BP this is one of the scariest threads I have ever read, You make an honest and open suggestion about creating a selective open group (good idea by the way) of like minded preppers with a similar sort of level of preps and it turns into an inquisistion into your motives and objectives. I would suggest you do it via the PM system its prolly going to be less contentious, and you can keep the dickheads at bay. Watch out for mentions of cooperatives or collectives cos you know it will go tits up, but good luck for trying to push things forward a bit.
17 May 2013, 14:32,
(17 May 2013, 11:30)NorthernRaider Wrote: Sheesh BP this is one of the scariest threads I have ever read, You make an honest and open suggestion about creating a selective open group (good idea by the way) of like minded preppers with a similar sort of level of preps and it turns into an inquisistion into your motives and objectives. I would suggest you do it via the PM system its prolly going to be less contentious, and you can keep the dickheads at bay. Watch out for mentions of cooperatives or collectives cos you know it will go tits up, but good luck for trying to push things forward a bit.

like BM and I said, membership will be by private invitation only, that way we can weed out the armchair and hobby types, to start with just a get together of "friends" who happen to share the same ideology, there wont be any "leaders" just a sharing of ideas.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 May 2013, 15:45,
(17 May 2013, 14:32)bigpaul Wrote: there wont be any "leaders" just a sharing of ideas.

So we won't be needing the ceremonial loin cloth any longer?
17 May 2013, 16:36,
(17 May 2013, 15:45)BeardyMan Wrote:
(17 May 2013, 14:32)bigpaul Wrote: there wont be any "leaders" just a sharing of ideas.

So we won't be needing the ceremonial loin cloth any longer?

you never know!Big Grin
17 May 2013, 17:10,
I hate to say this, but how come BP's brilliant idea has been shot down?

I'm always up for a laugh, but in regard to this idea, I'd much rather we took is seriously and actually put out ideas and the alike.

This is making me sound like an old woman, but I am interested in team work. I am interested in working things out so that we're able to build group plans and ideas. Whether we become a whole team that, come SHTF, we unite at a single point pool resources, and work together, is too much to foresee at the moment.

John, I appreciate your input, and take on what you're on about. At the moment, we're nowhere near that level and the concept is still building. We have much to work out before we even get to the point you're speaking about. So, for now, I've logged what you're saying, and appreciate your knowledge, but we'll be putting what you've said on the back burner. At least until we've got past the name taking part and the initial meets where we decide whether we'd actually want to work together or not.

NR, your input of having everything as being via PM's is understood. I think what will happen will be a similar thing to that, but we will likely include open meets where people new to prepping can just come along and say hi. Having something as being invite only, and advertising it as so, is a sure way to build cliques. People will get upset that they're being turned away or turned down. That's not nice and it's also unwise to advertise your 'group' in such a way. Whether we are that way inclined, to cut people off, will be up to us, but like I said to John, we're far from that point. What we will be doing is, we'll be meeting separately, me meeting BP, then BP and BM, then BM and me, and pub meets where we all just relax together and have a drink. This will be the initial system. After that, we'll all decide what we with of each other. The same will happen with new people interested in joining the group. They might not like someone else in the group, or the general group dynamic. So, instead of ousting them instantly by making it invite only, it would be wise to make social meets and just get to know each other properly. Now, NR, every prepper you meet, will be wondering whether they've been cut from your group, which could well harbour resentment. We're not a group. We're not elitist, or anything like that. We're just taking makes to see if we have the same ideals and are interested in working together or not.

As for BP and BM, what kind of things are you looking for from a group?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin