Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survivalist privacy measures
22 November 2011, 22:16,
Survivalist privacy measures
I believe privacy measures are severely overlooked by many - or at least, not commented upon - within the survivalist community. Yet robust privacy established now is going to be highly advantageous when things take a turn for the worst.

By privacy, I mean the following:

Separating one's name and one's true home / retreat address (as far as possible). This is really only an option for someone acquiring a new home.

Getting one's name off as many databases as possible.

Being discreet online (said he who posts on survivalist forums!) - best article I know of re online anonymity, also see the informative comments: http://cryptogon.com/?p=624

Knowing how to use encryption and what computer weaknesses are, along with countermeasures.

Learning how to travel low profile in an age when Big Brother is gazing ever more intently.

Discreet and improvised means of communication pre and post TEOTWAKI.

In conclusion, and for what it's worth, I have seen numerous privacy books, but none compares to JJ Luna's "How To Be Invisible".
23 November 2011, 07:23,
RE: Survivalist privacy measures
Thank you for this Cryingfreeman, Could you please give publication details of Luna's book "How to be Invisible". Kenneth Eames.
23 November 2011, 14:54,
(23 November 2011, 07:23)Kenneth Eames Wrote: Thank you for this Cryingfreeman, Could you please give publication details of Luna's book "How to be Invisible". Kenneth Eames.

It's featured on his blog site: http://blog.invisible-privacy.com/

He also has a very good privacy forum: http://www.canaryislandspress.com/forum/

A lot of it is America-orientated, but it's still very useful for us.
23 November 2011, 15:53,
Just remember that in the UK we don't have many of the rights that Americans use to protect their privacy. It is much more difficult over here.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 November 2011, 17:28,
Thank you Cryingfreeman for the information. I shall certainly search these two sites. Kenneth Eames.
24 November 2011, 14:28,
(23 November 2011, 15:53)Skean Dhude Wrote: Just remember that in the UK we don't have many of the rights that Americans use to protect their privacy. It is much more difficult over here.

The subjects he covers aren't affected by that; it's all about taking the initiative yourself.
24 November 2011, 17:40,
One of the topics that I am interested in in Privacy and out of view of the surveillance state.

I do have some posts already on the main site, search for them, and I'll try and get around to adding more sooner than later as I have some experience in that area. It won't work too well for me though as I have to put my head up to post. Plus I do have other sites that are not looked on kindly by HMG.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin