Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the 3-5s.
19 May 2013, 09:40,
the 3-5s.
http://modernsurvivalonline.com/guest-post-the-3-5s/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 May 2013, 16:34,
RE: the 3-5s.
Alright mate

I quite liked that article. I think the guy has his timescales well off though, but the order of things is quite right.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
19 May 2013, 16:52,
(19 May 2013, 16:34)Scythe13 Wrote: Alright mate

I quite liked that article. I think the guy has his timescales well off though, but the order of things is quite right.

I think the timescales are about right, apart from getting back to "normal" in 3 -5 years? more like 10 times that!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 May 2013, 19:01,
Time scale seems right to me, but as BP points out normal in 3-5 years I very much doubt that
19 May 2013, 19:31,
The 3 5′s

We know that in the aftermath of any major event like a hurricane or even some riot brought on by a political differences, society tends to fall apart. Once that happens, we know what comes next. This is what is known as the 3 5s. Check out how this law has played out in real life scenarios.

3-5 HOURS Store Shelves are Empty

3-5 DAYS Looting Happens

3-5 Weeks City Folk Fan Out Those that are still alive...

3-5 Months Groups Haphazardly Put Together Will Crumble I doubt this! I think that groups will be stronger.

3-5 Years Normalcy Returns This seems very optimistic.

I don't think this guy has ever seen a hurricane except on the TV. "Google" Hurricane Rita sometime. It parked over our town for about 4 hours while still a Catagory 2 storm. Results: 4 days without running water, 10 days without power, $8,000 damage to our house (others in town faired MUCH worse), and all of us in our town of 2000 did for ourselves (FEMA was down in New Orleans taking care of the victims of Hurricane Katrina which hit 2 weeks earlier). Oh, and no looting here either! Our neighbor put up a large sigh on his house, spray-painted on a 4' X 8' sheet of plywood. It read "Armed and Inebriated! FEMA - Send More Beer!"
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
19 May 2013, 19:39,
yeah, you done the FEMA joke already Jonas.Big Grin
20 May 2013, 00:27,
I do not believe the guy that wrote that article has a single fact correct in any of his examples.

And several of the examples, like the Chernobyl incident, have no relationship to the point he is trying to make. There were no roving bands of dying refugees after that incident. The entire population was evacuated.
20 May 2013, 08:35,
i don't know about the USA but I think the timescales are about right for the UK, apart from the "normalcy" one which is way out!
20 May 2013, 08:52, (This post was last modified: 20 May 2013, 08:54 by Scythe13.)
(20 May 2013, 08:35)bigpaul Wrote: i don't know about the USA but I think the timescales are about right for the UK, apart from the "normalcy" one which is way out!

I think looting and empty store shelves will be hours apart, not DAYS!!!

When TSHTF, people will strip the shelves, as Jonas says. What's left will be looted....if it happens in that order. If it happens the other way round...looting first, shelves stripped afterwards....it will all be done in one fell-swoop. Looters strip the shelves.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
20 May 2013, 09:00,
(20 May 2013, 08:52)Scythe13 Wrote:
(20 May 2013, 08:35)bigpaul Wrote: i don't know about the USA but I think the timescales are about right for the UK, apart from the "normalcy" one which is way out!

I think looting and empty store shelves will be hours apart, not DAYS!!!

When TSHTF, people will strip the shelves, as Jonas says. What's left will be looted....if it happens in that order. If it happens the other way round...looting first, shelves stripped afterwards....it will all be done in one fell-swoop. Looters strip the shelves.

if past experience is any guarantee, like in the fuel protests, shelves will be stripped within 48 hours...thats in smaller towns with less than 10,000 populations, in the big cities like Scythe says it'll probably be about 3-5 hours!