Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low Profile Living
21 May 2013, 09:30,
Low Profile Living
I was intrigued by NR's post recently on making your home low profile.

So I wanted to open a discussion on Low Profile Living both in terms of our property and in personal terms.

Here's my starter for ten. (err six)

1. Remove yourself from Facebook
2. When visiting the web, use TOR or some other anonymiser
3. If you are really doing things that HMG would disapprove, then use an internet cafe taking great care of CCTV
4. Use CASH
5. If you have to use a debit card then use one of those that you buy in the shops without ID
6. Get another cheapo mobile phone. Pay Cash. Pay for top up by cash. Do not register it. An alternative is "Spare One" which is pricey at £50 but unlike any other phone, works off a single AA battery. No Text. No visuals - just a very dumb phone but if you keep it in your bag for emergencies, the battery will last 15 years.
21 May 2013, 09:35,
RE: Low Profile Living
(21 May 2013, 09:30)River Song Wrote: I was intrigued by NR's post recently on making your home low profile.

So I wanted to open a discussion on Low Profile Living both in terms of our property and in personal terms.

Here's my starter for ten. (err six)

1. Remove yourself from Facebook
2. When visiting the web, use TOR or some other anonymiser
3. If you are really doing things that HMG would disapprove, then use an internet cafe taking great care of CCTV
4. Use CASH
5. If you have to use a debit card then use one of those that you buy in the shops without ID
6. Get another cheapo mobile phone. Pay Cash. Pay for top up by cash. Do not register it. An alternative is "Spare One" which is pricey at £50 but unlike any other phone, works off a single AA battery. No Text. No visuals - just a very dumb phone but if you keep it in your bag for emergencies, the battery will last 15 years.

1. Remove yourself from Facebook (Done three years ago)
2. When visiting the web, use TOR or some other anonymiser (I do google searches logged out and change my URL frequently by turning off my home hub for 24 hours, when I turn it back on BT usually has given my URL to another new customer)
3. If you are really doing things that HMG would disapprove, then use an internet cafe taking great care of CCTV ( or stay legal for now and just makes notes about useful things for after when TSHTF)
4. Use CASH ( yup and shop in multiple stores)
5. If you have to use a debit card then use one of those that you buy in the shops without ID ( God your good woman , I'm impressed)
6. Get another cheapo mobile phone. Pay Cash. Pay for top up by cash. Do not register it. An alternative is "Spare One" which is pricey at £50 but unlike any other phone, works off a single AA battery. No Text. No visuals - just a very dumb phone but if you keep it in your bag for emergencies, the battery will last 15 years. ( I just keep my old mobile and use light code to text)

Damn good post missie Smile

21 May 2013, 10:28,
You can but spare mobile phone is Asda, Tesco etc for £10. No id required.

Remember that you may think you an anonymous but if you phone more than one person on it you may get linked. I use it for calls to one person and nothing else. So if they are asked I speak to SD on it. Who is he? Dead end. But if you then phone home on it you are linking yourself.

Keep this technique for special occassions and not everyday use.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 May 2013, 10:36,
Your prepping cell phone should never be used in or near your house.

21 May 2013, 10:36,
Place all assets in Corporations. Tie these up in a holding company. Then split the holding to other corps and amalgamate them into another holding co. Allows you to have a net worth of £0.00 and makes it near impossible to seize your assets. If you can make the cost of searching more than the value of assets they're after, then odds are, they'll just leave you be.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
21 May 2013, 10:39,
(21 May 2013, 10:36)Scythe13 Wrote: Place all assets in Corporations. Tie these up in a holding company. Then split the holding to other corps and amalgamate them into another holding co. Allows you to have a net worth of £0.00 and makes it near impossible to seize your assets. If you can make the cost of searching more than the value of assets they're after, then odds are, they'll just leave you be.

Works fine now but after an event when the electronic trail is lost you might find you have no real claim on your assets. Everyone will want to see paperwork to back up your claim.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 May 2013, 10:42,
(21 May 2013, 10:39)Skean Dhude Wrote: [quote='Scythe13' pid='57824' dateline='1369129016']
Works fine now but after an event when the electronic trail is lost you might find you have no real claim on your assets. Everyone will want to see paperwork to back up your claim.

Easy to do.

Keep an original copy of deeds etc.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
21 May 2013, 12:21,
@NR

Turning off your BT Home Hub wont really do it. True that you get a re-allocated IP address (Not URL)
withn 10 mins (no need for 24 hours) but BT still logs you as the user of the IP address on its logs. (Poo)

Check out TOR Browser. It passes you session through lots of different IP addresses and makes it untraceable.
A bit slower than normal but secure.
21 May 2013, 12:34,
Ta muchly dear lady Smile

21 May 2013, 13:07,
(21 May 2013, 12:21)River Song Wrote: @NR

Turning off your BT Home Hub wont really do it. True that you get a re-allocated IP address (Not URL)
withn 10 mins (no need for 24 hours) but BT still logs you as the user of the IP address on its logs. (Poo)

Check out TOR Browser. It passes you session through lots of different IP addresses and makes it untraceable.
A bit slower than normal but secure.

Thank you
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king