Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gathering Intel on growing threats
22 May 2013, 11:57,
Gathering Intel on growing threats
OK I'll try this from another angle as SD didnt like the format of my earlier effort and closed it.

So the issue is How as preppers can we best gather threat assessment, intel reports and news trends about issues that could be a direct threat to us ?

If the main steam state owned or regulated media sources such as the BBC, Sky, ITN etc are not reporting politically uncorrect stories about issues such as growing civil unrest / riots triggered by mass unemployment, immigration etc, how best can we access that information?

For example last nights riots in Sweden went unreported by the MSM as have similar recent riots in France, Spain etc.

Well to begin with us being part of various prepper forums and networks I think it is essential that if such issues as large scale riots, uncontrolled protest rallies, sudden clampdowns, forced closure of shops and liesure facilities in your near by communities then you need to feed that information back to your fellow preppers for collation and assessment incase its a trend or growing event. (On SUK that will have to be done by PM to respect SD's wishes)

It also means we have to invest more time and effort into monitoring other news sources not unduly influenced by the EU / UK authorities such as Reuters, Al Jazeera etc, and of course online news feeds are another vital source of intel.

Look folks its like this if a story about a terrorist strike to our water supplies, or growing and spreading riots by immigrant communities, or spreading civil unrest by masses of europe long term unemployed youngsters only gets to the MSM when its already out of control, then equally its highly likely its also going to impact you because you did not get enough warning of the growing threat.

So in summary as an intel operation for your own benefit, and as a way of perhaps giving you more chance to prepare for a growing threat I suggest you start reporting large scale (and I mean LARGE scale not shoplifting or silly stuff by 6 skinheads at a BNP rally) incidents to each other via your forums news and threats sections and via PM on SUK.

If the MSM are nt going to do it for us we must do it for ourselves.

22 May 2013, 12:09,
RE: Gathering Intel on growing threats
the msm are told to keep quiet because of copy cat rioting ect .
remember the london riots , that bus burning and the same clips on live tv[ bbc news24/ sky] i tuned in to lbc radio on dab they were reporting it as it was happening .
it gets out and eveyrbody starts
Survive the jive (youtube )
22 May 2013, 12:38, (This post was last modified: 22 May 2013, 12:39 by River Song.)
Maybe we shouldn't trust MSM but exactly who DO we trust for news?
Al Jazeera? Don't make me laugh.
I've noticed a number of quotes from the TV station "RT"
Remember this is Russia Today and is controlled by Putin.

I guess we need a spit to gather all the news, rumours, innuendoes and downright lies
but also need to label them as such. Remember, on the Internet no one knows you're a dog.

All information should be considered suspect until proved otherwise.
Names will be changed to protect the innocent :-)

Out of interest NR, where did you find the data about Sweden?

I meant 'spot' !! not 'spit'
22 May 2013, 12:46,
Reuters News agency report on Yahoo news.

It is important as SD say to keep just news stories of interest utterly seperate from intel articles that directly affect us.

22 May 2013, 12:48,
Good post NR.

I've thought about this quite a bit and like you I do see a need for a way we can keep each other informed of bits of news. I have several issues with reporting these though;
Most of the news is not really relevant to us and we then worry and shoot off on tangents when we have no need to.
News that is relevant is hidden among all the dross and is missed.
This area is the main area that leads to arguements and requires most of my attention to fix because someone doesn't like something that someone else said and feels attacked.

Both NR and BP have posted several of these news items. Many I feel are just scaremongering with the few interesting ones being lost among the masses.

So what to do? Any ideas on how to share information that is acceptable to me whilst being of use to others?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 May 2013, 12:50,
@SD

Perhaps a section called "News, Rumours Innuendoes and downright lies"
with a great big sticky to say "enter at your own risk - This area is not monitored and no complaints"

:-)
22 May 2013, 13:09,
River,

That may work in our thoughts but not in the mickey mouse PC society where we live and where I am responsible for the words in here. Anything on here needs to be monitored as it could lead the Stasi to clamp down on all my sites.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 May 2013, 13:10, (This post was last modified: 22 May 2013, 13:13 by NorthernRaider.)
Trouble is that for one , just this once SD is right Smile, The problem is far to many members including me all to easily slip into the habit of doing four annoying things.

(1) Posting absolute bollocks stuff that is either total BS , outright fancyful, or not from the real world
(2) Posting links to stuff blindly without explanation or their opinion as to the value of the material
(3) Stuff that serves only the US or Antipodean areas
(4) Posting news articles that can (and should) be easily accessible to all of us anyway, SD is right in saying the forum is not for cut n paste news paper journalism

its just to bloody easy for people just to sit and post link after link after link that may partially inform or edumukate but does not really impact us or enhance our preps.

We DO need real world, real time intel reports for collation, BUT to do it openly on a NEWS FEED section would require SD to constantly moderate and edit it, and I know he has neither the time nor will to do this, AND sadly the membership is (again including me) not disciplined enough to post only relevant stuff and to stay on topic.

Riots happening in multiple European cities and the fact the MSM is ignoring these issues just confirms to me that regardless of cause we must reach out and seek multiple independant news sources ourselves.

The last effort saw posts cropping up about contrails, the NSA/CIA / Us govt/ Plots without factual support, What the EU and Farage are doing ( yeah by me), whinges about cops n journos ( though I do believe UK journos are a clear and present threat to our non compliant lifestyles)

I wont support any proposal that puts SD under any more pressure, that why I believe if a riot, shortage, protest, incident etc happens in your area its probably best shared by E mail and PM with your neighbouring preppers

SD has tried to be all things to all men , trying to keep me happy with burst of only solid UK based disaster prepping, keeping other folks desires to focus on conspiracy theories, heck about the only thing left undone is prepper dating posts !! and though fascinating it required to much time and moderation to be of any use.
NR

Just an idea SD but could we / you possibly arrange for an independant news ticker like reuters or similar to put a ticker along the bottom or in a news box???

22 May 2013, 13:18,
Or an area that allows news (relevant news) to be posted but allows no replies. (No replies - no degeneration.) Members can cherry pick what they feel is important to them. The area could be cleaned out at regular intervals without being too much of a burden on SD's time. News doesn't stay such for long...

22 May 2013, 13:21,
(22 May 2013, 12:50)River Song Wrote: @SD

Perhaps a section called "News, Rumours Innuendoes and downright lies"

That is a perfect discription of the Labour Party Manifesto Smile