Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gathering Intel on growing threats
22 May 2013, 13:10, (This post was last modified: 22 May 2013, 13:13 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Gathering Intel on growing threats
Trouble is that for one , just this once SD is right Smile, The problem is far to many members including me all to easily slip into the habit of doing four annoying things.

(1) Posting absolute bollocks stuff that is either total BS , outright fancyful, or not from the real world
(2) Posting links to stuff blindly without explanation or their opinion as to the value of the material
(3) Stuff that serves only the US or Antipodean areas
(4) Posting news articles that can (and should) be easily accessible to all of us anyway, SD is right in saying the forum is not for cut n paste news paper journalism

its just to bloody easy for people just to sit and post link after link after link that may partially inform or edumukate but does not really impact us or enhance our preps.

We DO need real world, real time intel reports for collation, BUT to do it openly on a NEWS FEED section would require SD to constantly moderate and edit it, and I know he has neither the time nor will to do this, AND sadly the membership is (again including me) not disciplined enough to post only relevant stuff and to stay on topic.

Riots happening in multiple European cities and the fact the MSM is ignoring these issues just confirms to me that regardless of cause we must reach out and seek multiple independant news sources ourselves.

The last effort saw posts cropping up about contrails, the NSA/CIA / Us govt/ Plots without factual support, What the EU and Farage are doing ( yeah by me), whinges about cops n journos ( though I do believe UK journos are a clear and present threat to our non compliant lifestyles)

I wont support any proposal that puts SD under any more pressure, that why I believe if a riot, shortage, protest, incident etc happens in your area its probably best shared by E mail and PM with your neighbouring preppers

SD has tried to be all things to all men , trying to keep me happy with burst of only solid UK based disaster prepping, keeping other folks desires to focus on conspiracy theories, heck about the only thing left undone is prepper dating posts !! and though fascinating it required to much time and moderation to be of any use.
NR

Just an idea SD but could we / you possibly arrange for an independant news ticker like reuters or similar to put a ticker along the bottom or in a news box???

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gathering Intel on growing threats - by NorthernRaider - 22 May 2013, 13:10