Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old car oil
27 May 2013, 17:24,
old car oil
most garages wil give you their old car oil for free, they have to pay for it to be taken away.
can you think of anything else we could use it for, protecting wood ect

Survive the jive (youtube )
27 May 2013, 17:28,
RE: old car oil
I know someone who mixed it with creosote for their wooden fences, made it go further and made it darker.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 May 2013, 17:34,
yes iv have to, several times larchlapp fence pannels given a very good coating have lasted me over 12yrs great stuff but it stinks just waiting for my shed to dry out a bit then wham its having it
great stuff
Survive the jive (youtube )
27 May 2013, 18:37,
An owld gimmer near me paints his fence with it, seems to work a treat and doesn't smell too bad after a while.
28 May 2013, 05:50,
Good for burning in smudge pots. A cotton rag stuck into the old can of oil will burn with that sooty apocalyptic flicker we all know and love.

Also still good for dirty lubrication uses, like farm gear and bike parts, exposed gearing in winches and general situations where one is just pouring the oil over the part.

If one happens to own an AK old motor oil is used for cleaning and lubing them on battlefields the world over.
28 May 2013, 13:15,
"if one happens to own an AK"
rub it in why don't you Mortblanc, bloody YanksBig Grin
28 May 2013, 15:50, (This post was last modified: 28 May 2013, 15:57 by Mortblanc.)
It just so happens that I do not own an AK.

Do not own an AR either.

Most of my firearms are very traditional and would qualify as UK acceptable both legally and culturally, except for the pistols of course.

I do have one of these though.

[Image: 002_zpsfb018d47.jpg]
28 May 2013, 17:28,
Is that an sks ???
29 May 2013, 08:56,
SKS in an aftermarket stock of American size rather than the "made for midgets" wood it comes with.

Detachable magazine. I have a telescoping bipod I have not installed yet.

Glass bedded into the fiberglass stock and a trigger job. The scope is a 2-7 compact to clear the ejection port and still allow loading with the stripper clips.

It will shoot into about 3"@200m which is good for this type rifle/cartridge.

I also have a "sporter stock" for it that attracts less attention, is more traditional and no fun at all.
29 May 2013, 08:59,
Remember that old used engine oil is exceedingly carcinogenic and far nastier to your health than new oil.