Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X bow string?
22 May 2013, 18:58,
X bow string?
I've just been digging around my loft and found my old rifle Xbow with thestringer and a few bolts.
Needless to say its seen better days as its been left for years with the string on the bow.

So- I have managed to get the old string off the bow and order some new string. The problem I can see is the old string is 25 inches, the span on the 'bow' is 26 inches nook to nook and the stringer is 28 inches.

I have ordered some 26 and a half inch strings as they were the only ones on the site. Will this work on my bow as its a real bugger to cock the 25 inch string? Can you get different size strings, or is it one fit for all?

All I can tell you about the bow that its a Barnett, and has ' Veloci - speed glass' written on the arm.

I just know you are the right peeps to ask about this Big Grin
22 May 2013, 20:00,
RE: X bow string?
Probably one of the Wildcat series.

Nominal draw weight was 150#

the limbs were usually rated at 26" so that string should be correct. If the string seems too short give it a few twists before you string the bow.
22 May 2013, 20:45,
Ahh cool Ta Mort - Wildcat does ring a bell Smile
22 May 2013, 21:39,
Possibly early panzer I've got a panzer ll with the same length string and same fibreglass prod
22 May 2013, 23:43,
(22 May 2013, 20:00)Mortblanc Wrote: Probably one of the Wildcat series.

Nominal draw weight was 150#

the limbs were usually rated at 26" so that string should be correct. If the string seems too short give it a few twists before you string the bow.

Should that be "if the string is too long give it a few twists..."
24 May 2013, 08:20,
Added thought- would tying a knot either side in the string do it any damage?
24 May 2013, 17:58,
(24 May 2013, 08:20)MCavity Wrote: Added thought- would tying a knot either side in the string do it any damage?

I wouldn't advise it, tying a knot will cause a weak spot and greatly increase the risk of the string snapping on you (never fun).If you need to shorten it just give it a couple of twists.
24 May 2013, 18:51,
(24 May 2013, 08:20)MCavity Wrote: Added thought- would tying a knot either side in the string do it any damage?

Yes dacron has its sttength in twisted form under extension, you would weaken it notting it.

26 May 2013, 18:38,

Yea, what "MCavity said!

That's what I get for posting a mistaken thought and leaving for two days in the woods!