Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six Chicken House and integrated run
2 June 2013, 11:58, (This post was last modified: 2 June 2013, 12:09 by Prepper1.)
RE: Six Chicken House and integrated run
I'd have a word with s.d. though like GG was saying maybe he's got a different angle so to say, or I could have been doing it all wrong.....
mine weren't as friendly as they say ex batts are, they definitely didn't like being touched.

They'd let you if they had too, but just preferred you constantly fed them, they helped you garden as well by sitting on the shovel waiting for worms...chickens are greedy.....no food waste in the house they eat eveything...

I was looking at quail, smaller, maybe quieter I dont know... those chucks get BIG after a while...mine got to small turkey size...

just boned up on quail.... tasty, lay everyday same as chucks and generally quieter AND smaller so more easily hidden than large raptor chucks.........Maybe the ideal survival bird... hmmmmmmmm....

Cons smaller bird, so average 5 quails equal one chuck meat wise.....still I suppose if you had a breeding group, that wouldnt be such a problem....
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Six Chicken House and integrated run - by Prepper1 - 2 June 2013, 11:58