Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How was your fitness this time last year?
30 May 2013, 22:08,
How was your fitness this time last year?
Hello Everyone.

Really quick post to challenge everyone, including myself.

This time last year, how fit were you? Compare that to yourself right now. Has your fitness improved, maintained, or worsened?

This time next year, where do you want your fitness to be?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
30 May 2013, 22:13,
RE: How was your fitness this time last year?
My fitness has been in decline since my teens,

but i've had a desk based job for the first time, and i've now hit 38" waist, ideally i'd like to get back to a loose "36 which is what ive always hovered around since i was 18ish

so thats my target for next year, 36" waist, and ideally be able to cycle from aberdeen to dundee and back the scenic way.,
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
30 May 2013, 22:18,
was 23 stone last year now 19 stone ,so happy with that. myleft arm elbow is giving me some pain but heat it with hot towel and then with ice pack
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
30 May 2013, 22:19,
My fitness remains fairly static, I have three German Shepherds who need walking daily, so we are always on `the hill`
A major part of survival is invisibility.
30 May 2013, 22:27,
Fitness is on the up. i am close to benching my own body weight which has been my fitness goal. my current training for a 10k assult course is going well. one set back is late onset exercise induced asthma which kicks my butt sometimes
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

31 May 2013, 06:28,
(30 May 2013, 22:27)SecretPrepper Wrote: Fitness is on the up. i am close to benching my own body weight which has been my fitness goal. my current training for a 10k assult course is going well. one set back is late onset exercise induced asthma which kicks my butt sometimes

Is that the mens health one? i saw that and tried to get a wee team together to do it for charity, didn't have much luck unfortunately Sad

maybe next year!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
31 May 2013, 06:33,
last year i was 39. 5'6" and 24.5 stone, now im 40, 5'7" and 19 stone.
at 37 i was 20 stone, cycling 4 miles a day commuting 6 days a week
got bloated cos of a house move and a 5 min walk to work and back.
Regular 5 mile rides to the gym a mile away, and walking the dog helped.
31 May 2013, 07:49,
(31 May 2013, 06:28)Binnie Wrote:
(30 May 2013, 22:27)SecretPrepper Wrote: Fitness is on the up. i am close to benching my own body weight which has been my fitness goal. my current training for a 10k assult course is going well. one set back is late onset exercise induced asthma which kicks my butt sometimes

Is that the mens health one? i saw that and tried to get a wee team together to do it for charity, didn't have much luck unfortunately Sad

maybe next year!

yeah that's the one. My girlfriend wanted to do it but not alone so im going for support and running with her.
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

31 May 2013, 09:11,
My fitness last year was poor, it's better now due to much more physical work, but still nowhere near good enough. Give it another year.
31 May 2013, 09:18,
fitness last year wasn't good, wasn't cronic but wasn't good, had high blood pressure and was 19 stone, now blood pressure is way down to normal levels and have lost nearly 3 stone, time to get the bicycles out and get riding again.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.