Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what use are the "old folks" when TSHTF?
5 June 2013, 21:38,
RE: So what use are the "old folks" when TSHTF?
(5 June 2013, 20:38)Talon Wrote: I'm a new member so i'm not really privy to all the in's and out's on this forum,still i'm sorry to see a thread go down this way.As a geordie first (and proud) and an Englishman second (not so proud) i would like to extend my apologies to Jonas.
We should be worth more than this infantile crapSad.
This is a serious subject (prepping i mean) and though i'm up for a laugh as much as the next man,threads like this do nothing to further our cause.
Regardless of nationality we're all here for the same purpose.

No apologies are necessary. I'm an old Coast Guard officer (sorry, the Coast Guard doesn't invade, we just save lives), and some internet commando with a cannibalistic twist jumping on my post isn't exactly getting a virgin here. Us old folks generally have two things going for us, experience and tough hides.

In a SHTF situation, I can't hump a 100 pound pack 30 miles through the boonies every day anymore, or shoo like Davy Crockett, but I'm still a damn good medic, radio operator, intel puke, and I know how to deal with the media (as in PAO) which would also include psyops. I would guess that almost all of the older folks in our respective neighborhoods have a skillset to bring to the table if/when TSHTF. It may be gardening, canning food, picking up stray talk at the local bar, or putting "band-aids" on cuts, but it would be, in my opinion, a waste of valuable resources, to discount what older people can do to help the community. If/when TSHTF, we'll need all the resources we can get.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what use are the "old folks" when TSHTF? - by Jonas - 5 June 2013, 21:38