Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wilderness Gathering 2012
7 August 2012, 06:50,
RE: Wilderness Gathering 2012
(6 August 2012, 16:38)bigpaul Wrote:
(6 August 2012, 15:41)Bug_out_Bag Wrote: maybe people don't turn up at meets because they don't want to be photographed? Just a thought!

quote='NorthernRaider' pid='20742' dateline='1344243626']
Guys please take photos, lets have a group one as well if you can, we can blank out the face for public consumption.

whats wrong with a "club" photo??

[/quote]

Since it is really a 'club' that is accessable to any who care to register on this site, it's not a 'club photo' that I would care to be in as it seriously compromises OPSEC. Not long ago, the prepper sites were being crawled over by the press ... what a gift, a 'club photo' would be!

Besides the obvious problem of journos we also had an interesting poll a little while ago run by TL about how we view 'other preppers' and would we trust them PSHTF if you recall? I'm very cautious about my personal details, if you guys want your photos taken and posted on a site, that's up to you ... oh but you're not coming to the WG NR? Or are you? Wink

Sorry for any offence caused, just my 2ps worth! Smile

7 August 2012, 08:09,
Hi BoB

I'm pretty much with you on this.

People who meet me will remember me, they will not need a photo.

Likewise anyone I meet I will remember.

I do not view SUK as a club, and do not wish to be in any SUK associated photos as I feel them to be inappropriate OPSEC-wise.

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

7 August 2012, 08:21,
Oh dear god how does this forum always manage to turn an innocent comment into someone gettting offensive or paranoid, Guys just forget about taking any photos fer christ sake. God I'm glad I'm not going now.

7 August 2012, 08:41,
Hi NR,

actually thank you.

This is a public event, and there will be people there with legitimate reason to be carrying and using cameras and camera phones. As Bob states, this is a perfect photo opportunity for Jouros.

I will attend, but I'll be grey. 'Would have liked to have had face to face meetings with SUK friends while there, but feel this no longer viable ( on this public occasion) I'll still be on channel, radio wise, from time to time on the Saturday to have a natter with anyone of our group who attends.

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

7 August 2012, 11:21,
(7 August 2012, 08:41)Lightspeed Wrote: Hi NR,

actually thank you.

This is a public event, and there will be people there with legitimate reason to be carrying and using cameras and camera phones. As Bob states, this is a perfect photo opportunity for Jouros.

I will attend, but I'll be grey. 'Would have liked to have had face to face meetings with SUK friends while there, but feel this no longer viable ( on this public occasion) I'll still be on channel, radio wise, from time to time on the Saturday to have a natter with anyone of our group who attends.

LS
as i dont have a radio you will have to come and find me LS..or maybe not! as for "club" photo i meant for personal use NOT for plastering all over the forum...give me credit for a modicum of sense!!Big Grin

Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 August 2012, 11:33,
That all went downhill quite rapidly...

So most of us are going, but some aren't going to come and say hello in person, just radio contact? I could phone a chat line for that. I thought that this was the SUK RV so to speak, where we'd all meet up?

Well I'm up for meeting anyone - I'm there for a good time and a few beers. I'll come an say hello BP, I'll be the one in a balaclava with a voice changer and stacked cuban heels so you can't even tell how tall I am. I'll be the ultimate grey man...

[Image: grey_alien.jpg]
7 August 2012, 11:41,
(7 August 2012, 11:33)00111001 Wrote: That all went downhill quite rapidly...

So most of us are going, but some aren't going to come and say hello in person, just radio contact? I could phone a chat line for that. I thought that this was the SUK RV so to speak, where we'd all meet up?

Well I'm up for meeting anyone - I'm there for a good time and a few beers. I'll come an say hello BP, I'll be the one in a balaclava with a voice changer and stacked cuban heels so you can't even tell how tall I am. I'll be the ultimate grey man...

thats OK mate, you'll soon spot me in the crowd, just look for the hair and the beard(thats the only thing GREY about me!)Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 August 2012, 11:54,
Hey never mind focusing on BP, its his wonderful wife who is the delight to meet and know, and she is the one with the brains Smile.
Seriously they are a loverly couple.

7 August 2012, 11:59,
(7 August 2012, 11:54)NorthernRaider Wrote: Hey never mind focusing on BP, its his wonderful wife who is the delight to meet and know, and she is the one with the brains Smile.
Seriously they are a loverly couple.

we thank you kind sirTongueBig GrinBig Grin
7 August 2012, 13:43,
(7 August 2012, 11:33)00111001 Wrote: That all went downhill quite rapidly...

You're right 00111001,

Little point travelling hundreds of miles and not meeting anyone while there.

I'll give WG a miss.

Hope all goes well for you guys.

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580