Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wilderness Gathering 2012
7 August 2012, 14:12,
RE: Wilderness Gathering 2012
(7 August 2012, 13:43)Lightspeed Wrote:
(7 August 2012, 11:33)00111001 Wrote: That all went downhill quite rapidly...

So most of us are going, but some aren't going to come and say hello in person, just radio contact? I could phone a chat line for that. I thought that this was the SUK RV so to speak, where we'd all meet up?

Well I'm up for meeting anyone - I'm there for a good time and a few beers. I'll come an say hello BP, I'll be the one in a balaclava with a voice changer and stacked cuban heels so you can't even tell how tall I am. I'll be the ultimate grey man...

[Image: grey_alien.jpg]

You're right 00111001,

Little point travelling hundreds of miles and not meeting anyone while there.

I'll give WG a miss.

Hope all goes well for you guys.

LS

That's a shame LS, I was looking forward to meeting you in person.

I won't be participating in any pictures (not that anyone would want shots of my ugly mug anyway) - I only let the wife take pics of me reluctantly. I presumed you were bringing the radio to enable contact and find the person in the crowd rather than purely for opsec reasons.

I'm not having a dig, but surely this must crop up an any bushcraft type festival? I wouldn't worry too much about being caught in some random persons photos - there are more CCTV cameras in the UK than the rest of Europe combined
7 August 2012, 14:16,
(7 August 2012, 13:43)Lightspeed Wrote:
(7 August 2012, 11:33)00111001 Wrote: That all went downhill quite rapidly...

So most of us are going, but some aren't going to come and say hello in person, just radio contact? I could phone a chat line for that. I thought that this was the SUK RV so to speak, where we'd all meet up?

Well I'm up for meeting anyone - I'm there for a good time and a few beers. I'll come an say hello BP, I'll be the one in a balaclava with a voice changer and stacked cuban heels so you can't even tell how tall I am. I'll be the ultimate grey man...

[Image: grey_alien.jpg]

You're right 00111001,

Little point travelling hundreds of miles and not meeting anyone while there.

I'll give WG a miss.

Hope all goes well for you guys.

LS
good god, there dropping out already and its still 11 days to go....was it something i said??Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 August 2012, 14:24,
yeah right, sucks Tongue i wanna meet as many of you fine fellas as i can Big Grin
7 August 2012, 14:25,
(7 August 2012, 14:24)Hrusai Wrote: yeah right, sucks Tongue i wanna meet as many of you fine fellas as i can Big Grin

Didn't George Michael say something similar??? Tongue
7 August 2012, 14:27,
(7 August 2012, 14:25)00111001 Wrote:
(7 August 2012, 14:24)Hrusai Wrote: yeah right, sucks Tongue i wanna meet as many of you fine fellas as i can Big Grin

Didn't George Michael say something similar??? Tongue

wasnt her name Precious??Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 August 2012, 14:37, (This post was last modified: 7 August 2012, 14:44 by Lightspeed.)

I'm not having a dig, but surely this must crop up an any bushcraft type festival? I wouldn't worry too much about being caught in some random persons photos - there are more CCTV cameras in the UK than the rest of Europe combined

[/quote]

Hi 00111001

You're right the same situation exists at any bushcraft type festival. I'd overlooked this.

The photo issue, and ensuing dialogue have awakened me to potentially compromising situations that I wish to avoid.

I feel very strongly about this.

Hope we will be able to meet up at some point at a non-public SUK event.

Cheers

LS

BP

re dropping out.

Nothing you said at all.

Group comments got me thinking about something I'd completely overlooked. That something is important to me personally, and prohibits my attendence.

I trust you can respect this?

Have a good time at the Gathering.

LS
LS

72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

7 August 2012, 14:58,
(7 August 2012, 14:37)Lightspeed Wrote: I'm not having a dig, but surely this must crop up an any bushcraft type festival? I wouldn't worry too much about being caught in some random persons photos - there are more CCTV cameras in the UK than the rest of Europe combined

Hi 00111001

You're right the same situation exists at any bushcraft type festival. I'd overlooked this.

The photo issue, and ensuing dialogue have awakened me to potentially compromising situations that I wish to avoid.

Cheers

LS

BP

re dropping out.

Nothing you said at all.

Group comments got me thinking about something I'd completely overlooked. That something is important to me personally, and prohibits my attendence.

LS
LS

[/quote]

fair enough mate, i can understand that, pity, but oh well Smile....im sure we'll have a non public meeting sometime Big Grin
7 August 2012, 15:10,
(7 August 2012, 14:37)Lightspeed Wrote: I'm not having a dig, but surely this must crop up an any bushcraft type festival? I wouldn't worry too much about being caught in some random persons photos - there are more CCTV cameras in the UK than the rest of Europe combined

Hi 00111001

Cheers

LS

BP

re dropping out.

Nothing you said at all.

LS
LS

[/quote]

Oh well, i shall be wandering around with a bright yellow badge(saying BIG PAUL) on my jacket ..yeah i know not exactly low key but once i know what all you guys(and gal's) look like i wont need to wear it anymore will i?Big Grin
7 August 2012, 15:19,
(7 August 2012, 14:37)Lightspeed Wrote: The photo issue, and ensuing dialogue have awakened me to potentially compromising situations that I wish to avoid.

Thats a very fair comment and i fully understand, I hope you were not offended by my comment earlier.
NR

7 August 2012, 15:22,
(7 August 2012, 15:19)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(7 August 2012, 14:37)Lightspeed Wrote: The photo issue, and ensuing dialogue have awakened me to potentially compromising situations that I wish to avoid.

Thats a very fair comment and i fully understand, I hope you were not offended by my comment earlier.
NR

NR,

Nope, no offence at all.

In fact thanks to you I was able to reflect early enough to take action.

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580