Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Are we flogging a deceased equine?
5 June 2013, 10:06, (This post was last modified: 5 June 2013, 10:07 by NorthernRaider.)
Are we flogging a deceased equine?
Whats going on with the forum chaps? Less and less articles being posted by fewer and fewer contributors. The rest is mainly Copy and Paste internet searches and almost no original locally produced articles, We appear to be spending more time on personality clashes and copying stuff from other forums and only one or two people taking the time and effort to research and post articles, often only to get abused for their efforts?

Are we likely to see any of you 1500 or so regular readers actually start writing and researching fresh articles to help the forum and prepping / survivalism grow, or what?

Why are you here? What do you want and are you prepared to get of your arses and contribute to the forum or should those folks who are the hard core contributors just give up?

And please if you are already in my ignore file just adress your responses to SD or others who still care.

5 June 2013, 10:12,
RE: Are we flogging a deceased equine?
at least people, like me, who repost articles from other sites are passing on information to others on the site that they think is relevant to prepping, and therefore keeping the forum going. or should I just give up and call it a day?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 June 2013, 10:14,
People will do what they want. I don't like to post much, cause the things I'd like to talk about live in that little grey area between being legal and not. And I don't want to put that kind of thing online, so I don't post much.

Just one of those things, no point getting annoyed about it.
5 June 2013, 10:24,
(5 June 2013, 10:14)BeardyMan Wrote: People will do what they want. I don't like to post much, cause the things I'd like to talk about live in that little grey area between being legal and not. And I don't want to put that kind of thing online, so I don't post much.

Just one of those things, no point getting annoyed about it.

A lot of fun stuff in that grey area Tongue but I would worry about posting that too.
People have a lot on their plate and don't have a lot of time to post. Me for example, I'm moving house and starting to look for a new job. Once I move I can post on DIY projects etc but till then I am gonna post less
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

5 June 2013, 10:29,
(5 June 2013, 10:24)SecretPrepper Wrote: A lot of fun stuff in that grey area Tongue but I would worry about posting that too.
People have a lot on their plate and don't have a lot of time to post. Me for example, I'm moving house and starting to look for a new job. Once I move I can post on DIY projects etc but till then I am gonna post less

Indeed there are Big Grin Wikipedia is full of useful information for the more nefarious amongst us Wink

Good luck with the house move, just did mine last week!
5 June 2013, 10:59,
Good luck with the house move SP! It's super stressful if it's your first move. If you're like Beardy and move regularly, then it's non-event haha. For us, super stressful!!! Hope it goes well mate.

Hope you're in nicely BM. Settled in well?

As for flogging a dead horse....maybe people have lives and are busy in the gardens, greenhouses, holidays, or just generally enjoying life!

Get over it NR, people have lives and this forum is not the forefront of ANYONE'S life! If it is, then that person should really reassess their priorities in life. This forum is awesome, and I like how people help each other out. But there are some people that will be super negative and attack those that write posts. Check your memory for the Concrete on Plastic post, and the tirade of abuse posted. Oh, and the negative air created by regularly mentioning your 'ignore list' every 3 posts. Mentioning the email-information-few is also a great way to make people feel 'unworthy', uncared for, and unimportant. What information deserves to be in an email that doesn't deserve to be posted on the forum? If it's illegal, than you're an idiot sending it via an e-system, because all emails, texts, phone calls, and the rest, are all monitored!!!

Be the change you want to see in the world!!!

At the end of the day, if people want help with specifics, they'll post questions (check Gen Help thread for example). If people have learned something significant and want to tell everyone else about it, they will (check BP's many posts). If people want to go out and enjoy the sun, they will (check my wife's sexy tanned body!!! MMMMM NICE!!!!!). Are we flogging a dead horse? From what I can tell, NOPE!!! I've gained a lot of information, posted information too. I regularly chat with people that I consider educated on specific subject, like gardening, comms, body-armour, weapons, fitness, and the alike. I meet up with people on a regular basis (one a year is regular, but that wouldn't be very good haha). This forum is not the be all and end all.

There is a limited amount of information on this planet. Unless we are at the forefront of science, we'll not be learning new stuff.

Personally, I have a massive project I'll be working on over the next few months. Once it's done, I'll post about it. As of, and when, I need help, I'll post about it and ask for help.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 June 2013, 11:07,
I'll be honest,

Copy and paste articles dont interest me, i've recently found the "ignore" funtion, which has really helped what i read and how i respond.

I'm on this forum because its UK specific, some global threats can directly affect us, but i'm not LOOKING for threats, i'm looking on how to survive whatever comes our way!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
5 June 2013, 11:15,
(5 June 2013, 10:06)NorthernRaider Wrote: And please if you are already in my ignore file just adress your responses to SD or others who still care.

Any posts like this should automatically get the poster added onto everyones ignore list...

If you don't care, why post it?

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who's getting slightly tired of your "holier than thou" attitude.

What's next, another "I'm leaving cause you're not prepper enough for me" thread? Your final swan-song, insulting people as you leave, only to return in a month or two as you seem to piss people off on all the other forums you join.

Had I not met you in person I'd think you were a 15 year old girl the way you go on...

Although you probably won't see this, having disagreed with you in the past I'm probably on your immense ignore list Big Grin
5 June 2013, 11:17,
(5 June 2013, 11:15)BeardyMan Wrote:
(5 June 2013, 10:06)NorthernRaider Wrote: And please if you are already in my ignore file just adress your responses to SD or others who still care.

Any posts like this should automatically get the poster added onto everyones ignore list...

If you don't care, why post it?

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who's getting slightly tired of your "holier than thou" attitude.

What's next, another "I'm leaving cause you're not prepper enough for me" thread? Your final swan-song, insulting people as you leave, only to return in a month or two as you seem to piss people off on all the other forums you join.

Had I not met you in person I'd think you were a 15 year old girl the way you go on...

Although you probably won't see this, having disagreed with you in the past I'm probably on your immense ignore list Big Grin

Welcome to the club BM!"Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 June 2013, 11:28,
(5 June 2013, 11:17)bigpaul Wrote:
(5 June 2013, 11:15)BeardyMan Wrote:
Welcome to the club BM!"Big Grin

I believe I'm the original member of that list haha.

Considering we're often contributing, and out and about actually trying stuff out, that must explain why he sees so few posts!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin