Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hygenic or not?
9 June 2013, 04:27,
RE: hygenic or not?
Bathing is a fad thing determined by the culture in which one develops. In a survival setting it is a nonissue unless ones' health is involved.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/...al-europe/

Not bathing at all is one extreme but also keep in mind that excessive bathing is a symptom of OCD and not necessarily a sign of cleanliness.

There were times when I was in the Army when we could not bathe for 2-3 weeks at a stretch. In hot humid jungle conditions I have had clothing rot off my body in a matter of days. Sometimes it was an irritation and an emotional issue, very bad for moral, but it was way down our list of worries. It was not the dirt we were afraid would kill us.

Reminds me of the scene in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, when they were contemplating jumping off the cliff into the river to escape capture. Sundance announced he could not swim.

"Don't worry, the fall will kill you!" was Butch's reply.

SHTF you will have some real worries to face. Bathe when you can. Don't worry about the dirt, the looters will probably not check for clean undies and a wash behind the ears before they stomp your brains out.

Messages In This Thread
hygenic or not? - by bigpaul - 6 June 2013, 16:36
RE: hygenic or not? - by Madgirl151 - 6 June 2013, 17:30
RE: hygenic or not? - by bigpaul - 6 June 2013, 17:40
RE: hygenic or not? - by Highlander - 6 June 2013, 21:22
RE: hygenic or not? - by Straight Shooter - 6 June 2013, 21:28
RE: hygenic or not? - by Mortblanc - 9 June 2013, 04:27
RE: hygenic or not? - by Steve - 9 June 2013, 07:52
RE: hygenic or not? - by NorthernRaider - 9 June 2013, 08:50