Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found AFFORDABLE DIESEL Genny £365 on fleabay
6 June 2013, 18:05,
Found AFFORDABLE DIESEL Genny £365 on fleabay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PURE-SINE-WAVE...3446714%26

6 June 2013, 18:08,
RE: Found AFFORDABLE DIESEL Genny £365 on fleabay
reading the fine print, CASH on pickup only, YOU ARE NOT COVERED BY PAYPAL, apart from that could be a good buyBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 June 2013, 18:18,
Did some more rummaging folks and at the moment there appears to be an affordable supply of small diesel Gennies from LEADING for around the £400 mark.

6 June 2013, 21:00, (This post was last modified: 6 June 2013, 21:02 by Highlander.)
Well I can tell you that it will do the job ok,.. although my generator is petrol is is 1760 watts output,.. a 1000 watts is equal to 1Kw,..so mine is the same power as the one you show, and it almost runs our house when needed,... it does mean that a generator of that size needs managing right,..ie, if you have a freezer going and a light on, and you want to watch telly,.. then turn a light off,... work through what it will do by turning things on until it trips, restart and try something else, you will soon know what it will do and what it will not,... we use a gas cooker for boiling the kettle, as that takes a lot of power

IMPORTANT,... if you have a power cut and you are running your house off your generator, buy plugging the generator into a wall socket, which works well...ITS ILLEGAL,.. because you will end up electrocuting the Electrician who is working to fix the power further down the line

You need a switch that turns the mains off when the generator is on and visa versa,... ours cost £60

`BY` plugging in,....
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 June 2013, 23:05,
I am with BP on this one. Having owned a couple of gennies and having bough replacement engines for them and kit such as rotivators, including buying at auction and Ebay, let me tell you that will be nothing more than cheap Chinese crap.

Sure, Chinese stuff can be decent, but when you find someone not displaying a brand, or saying it is licened from XYZ company, you know it is not going to be good. I have stripped a couple of Honda 5.5hp engines and done the same to a couple of 'Chonda' non licenced copies. All of the Honda engines were put back together or the parts were reused as were on other engines.

The 'Chondas'? Well, I never reused a part that did not need a damn good clean up with a file at least first.

You see ads for such stuff from time to time 'used for an hour already' 'cant give a guarantee as I don't know what application you will put it too'. The big alarm bell in this ad is 'THEY COST MY FRIEND £570 EACH PLUS SHIPPING AND IMPORT TAX' and 'THEY HAVE A VERY RELIABLE ITALIAN ENGINE'. So if the are Italian, tell me all about the import taxes that are paid within the EU. Oh, you cannot, as they are not.

These are nothing more than Chinese copies of a small Italian diesel if there is anything Italian about them at all. Maybe the seller is confused between the makers eating pasta or the makers eating noodles, who knows.

Just take a look at legit diesel gennies out there - new you are talking a few grand kicking out at least 4-6 KVA.
20 August 2013, 15:19,
We have a bi monthly farmers auction near where I live where they sell stuff from livestock to tractors, if you have one near you check them out you can drop on generators real cheap, I picked up a small Honda gennie for my allotment for a tenner needed a small amount of cleaning and new parts again another tenner and it runs sweet now
20 August 2013, 20:11,
cant you just take the mains fuse out?
The one from the outside supply to inside the house?
That would surely insulate the genny fro the outside world.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
20 August 2013, 21:00,
(20 August 2013, 20:11)Prepper1 Wrote: cant you just take the mains fuse out?
The one from the outside supply to inside the house?
That would surely insulate the genny fro the outside world.

That works fine.

I have heavy gauge wire for a 50 amp circuit going to my outside plug. It allows me to run my welder off the house current and feed the generator back trough the wiring when necessary.

I pull the main breaker switch and the system is isolated and self contained.

Besides, working on hot circuits is normal for the electric department workers. They do so daily and treat every circuit as if it were hot.