Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archery question opinions sought
8 June 2013, 08:46,
RE: Archery question opinions sought
I have the Samick SKB 50. See here for an in depth review of it (not by me) http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/TF/lw/thr...CATEGORY=9

It is about as basic a bow as you can get and i absolutely love it. I think I picked mine up new for about £80. Draw weights go from 60lb to 30lb so one at the lower end would probably be suitable for various members of the family, although 30lb would still be difficult for someone with no experience at all.

I have the 45lb and if you dont practice regularly with it you really notice it when you pick it up again. I practiced for about 2 hours the other day after not picking it up for a couple of months and my arms felt like they were falling off afterwards, but that was after shooting a lot of arrows.

One thing to bear in mind with horse bows, long bows etc is that they wont have sights. An obvious statement maybe but shooting without sights or an arrow rest takes a fair bit of getting used to, and the majority of us wont be as accurate without sights as we would be with them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Archery question opinions sought - by JD1 - 8 June 2013, 08:46
RE: Archery question opinions sought - by JD1 - 8 June 2013, 22:00
RE: Archery question opinions sought - by bigpaul - 1 August 2013, 12:21
RE: Archery question opinions sought - by Leigh - 13 August 2013, 19:01
RE: Archery question opinions sought - by MCavity - 14 August 2013, 09:16