Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archery question opinions sought
8 June 2013, 12:27, (This post was last modified: 8 June 2013, 12:42 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Archery question opinions sought
Fabulous info coming in guys its priceless.

So looking at it from a preppers point of view rather than an archers I think thinking
Simplicity for reliability ( less to go wrong and less likely to decay in storage)
Short length (for manouverability and for people of smaller stature)

Draw weight now theres the sticking point, I think that if its a prepper or prepper family that DOES practice reasonably often 40 to 45 pound draw will probably be best, but if the prepper or family are only occasional users and the bow is going to spend much of its time on stand by I'm leaning towards 30 to 35 pound draw ????

I've been looking on forums and see generally good things about Samicks and Kayas and better quality korean bows.

Dammit I'm learning loads from this thread, thanks guys.

Bugger, it appears the Samicks are always of limited supply and availability, thats a negative for us, I cannot find any stockists of the SKB 50 or 58 in the UK, the nearest I can find is this Samick junior flatbow of 48 inches, and available in the draw weights we like so far

http://www.bowsports.com/acatalog/Samick...d_Bow.html

Erm got a feeling I'm searching for the wrong thing !!! I've been searching for an SKB instead of SHB, I'll try again.

Found this slightly to long bow 58 inches !!, its a start

http://www.thelongbowshop.com/products/S...d-Bow.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: Archery question opinions sought - by JD1 - 8 June 2013, 08:46
RE: Archery question opinions sought - by NorthernRaider - 8 June 2013, 12:27
RE: Archery question opinions sought - by JD1 - 8 June 2013, 22:00
RE: Archery question opinions sought - by bigpaul - 1 August 2013, 12:21
RE: Archery question opinions sought - by Leigh - 13 August 2013, 19:01
RE: Archery question opinions sought - by MCavity - 14 August 2013, 09:16