Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaching tools
11 June 2013, 07:50,
Breaching tools
What do you have as breaching tools to get into buildings in a SHTF situation? And what tools do you think you need?

What I have is a 12 Pound hammer as its easier to knock a hole in a wall than trying to get through security bars which is standard here in South Africa.
I also have a Crow bar and will be purchasing a bolt cutter soon.

Also what criminals have taught us here in South Africa is that if you have a tiled roof its as good as a door. How a few people prevent that is to string fishing gut and hooks in the roofs of their houses they might try and break in once but wont try again and word spreads. Maybe we should start a thread on home invasion defense.
11 June 2013, 09:00,
RE: Breaching tools
bolt cutters, crow bars lump hammer , after shtf many wont be to worried about noise ect its not as if the old bill are going to turn up.
ten out of ten on knocking a hole in a wall rather than doing a security door makes sence .
reverse a car/lorry into a building or pull a part of it dowm using a towrope.

when you not to bothered about noise / police /alarms ect getting in is eazy
Survive the jive (youtube )
11 June 2013, 09:31,
Bolt crops, 3 pinch bars, sledge hammer, cold chisels , climbing rope and hand drill with hhs bits ......and binoculars for casing , you might add some aerosol paint spray , handy for cctv
14 June 2013, 20:18,
Lock picks could be handy Smile
Winter is coming
14 June 2013, 20:23,
For ordinary homes, whats wrong with the window glass?.... most house left in a hurry would not even be boarded up
A major part of survival is invisibility.
15 June 2013, 06:46,
exactly!

while the geardos faff about with mini prybars and such, a rock from the garden will see me in within seconds.

Might not be subtle, but its 100% gonna work!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
15 June 2013, 10:14,
Depends how sneaky you wanna be I guess Smile

If it's just a case of busting a window to get into an abandoned house then a rock is gonna be ideal Smile but if it's a boarded up building the a pry bar will be more effective than the rock. It really comes down to the right tool for the job Smile

For example if you want to be into a compound and want it to look undisturbed, pick the lock. Plus you can reuse the lock. Or if your scavenging busting a window with a rock will work but if you want to actually use the building you might be better off bursting the door frame with a pry bar then repairing the door. Smile
Winter is coming
15 June 2013, 10:21,
gotta be realistic though.

If ive bugged out, i wont be looking to reuse a building locally, as i'd have bugged out for a reason.

no way am i taking my crowbar with me, it's just more weight to lug about!

crowbar stays in the house, and i have my tools in my van.

as a youngster, the council were moving residents out, with a view to demolish the tenament blocks, as a 12yr old i could get in to these flats without any geardo titanium prybars or suchlike. we just used what we found lying about!

It really was great fun, a lttle naughty, but fun!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
15 June 2013, 10:50,
Oh I agree. But it just makes sense to me to carry a pry bar if you intending on trying to enter somewhere. If it's just spur of the moment then go for something suitable at the time. Smile
Winter is coming
15 June 2013, 12:52,
if places have been left so must the garden sheds, loads of tools , if i had to leave my home shtf locking wouldent keep people out so i would leave it unlocked hope fully if on my return its in one peice minus some stuff
Survive the jive (youtube )