Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Positive, Negative and Neutral media
11 June 2013, 14:25,
Positive, Negative and Neutral media
Tell you what I am starting to ponder on more and more, with the increase in media coverage from the likes of Nat Geos DDP or DDPUKP and Discoveries Surviving Alaska and Doomsday bunkers plus the almost constant stream of doomsday documentaaries that we in the established prepper community are starting to come under more and more scrutiny, and a lot of it I dont like and other bits are making me ever more nervous.

The requests for interviews or participation in TV shows continues, other folks fear the documentary makers are likely to become or evolve into enqueries from investigative journos not looking for truth or accuracy but for the next shock horror ratings booster to fill their peak time advertisers demands.

Already I have seen subtle implications that preppers are all far right wingers which means they are probably politically active, which means they must be voilent thugs etc.

The fact that most preppers are more interested in growing veg than violence, or carrying a garden hoe instead of a gun, folks who prefer off grid peaceful sustainable communities to gun infested city streets has nothing to do with the media desire to vilify another part of society to please the chav tv addicts.

So anyway my thinking is beginning to evolve more along the lines of, still using forums for research and info, but as a prepper bulds up more contacts and solidifies their relationships with others of a similar persuassion I now think that those establish preppers should start to put some distance between themselves and the various modern media sources and living a lower profile lifestyle.

I trust neither the state to put my best needs first, nor the media to be balanced, fair, accurate or impartial and I think their constant presence is going to cause us problems in time.

Messages In This Thread
Positive, Negative and Neutral media - by NorthernRaider - 11 June 2013, 14:25