Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Positive, Negative and Neutral media
12 June 2013, 20:30, (This post was last modified: 12 June 2013, 20:31 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Positive, Negative and Neutral media
HL that is the point I have been hammering away at for months, I'n not attacking those chaps skills or plans but I honestly ( and without malice) say they are Wilderness Survival Experts, Bushcrafters, Woodsmen etc but they are not preppers or survivalists in the generally accepted term. ( though some folks will disagree with me.

Being able to hunt critters, build bashers, throw and axe, start a fire by rubbing a couple of boy scouts together, navigate by observing falling satelites and be able to rough in in the boonies is traditional FIELDCRAFT and BUSHCRAFT.

Survivalism and its cousin prepping is about planning and developing contingency plans to ensure continuity, comfort,community, safety and security for individuals other than single fit young men. its about entire family or groups developing skills and sytems that allow them to continue to thrive in modest comfort whilst those around them fail.

That TV show should really be called Doomsday Bushcrafters UK not Doomsday Preppers UK

And Yes before anyone leaps in Bushcraft and field craft are skills use by preppers, but so are many other skills and facets that completely seperate us from the basha builders.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Positive, Negative and Neutral media - by NorthernRaider - 12 June 2013, 20:30