Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wild camping anyone?
16 June 2013, 16:11,
RE: wild camping anyone?
(14 June 2013, 11:56)MCavity Wrote: Hell yeh- well up for this one. It looks so damn beautiful there. Will be posting feedback asap.

I may be up for this if you haven't already got enough people and if the dates suit me. Dartmoor is very near me.
16 June 2013, 17:02,
check the meet site Strive, its the other side of the moors to us!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 June 2013, 11:14,
'I may be up for this if you haven't already got enough people and if the dates suit me. Dartmoor is very near me.'

Its an open invite mate, so you are welcome to come along. I will PM you in a bit.
17 June 2013, 11:20,
(16 June 2013, 17:02)bigpaul Wrote: check the meet site Strive, its the other side of the moors to us!

Meet site is undecided. I've mentioned Hound Tor, but that doesn't mean it'll be there mate. Still checking the best place.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
17 June 2013, 11:25,
make sure its somewhere you can park, i'm assuming since its Dartmoor most people will drive there, depending on numbers you cant just assume you can park anywhere on the moor.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 June 2013, 08:37,
(17 June 2013, 11:25)bigpaul Wrote: make sure its somewhere you can park, i'm assuming since its Dartmoor most people will drive there, depending on numbers you cant just assume you can park anywhere on the moor.

Yup, also you can't just leave your car by the side of the road. Well you can, but you may find it's been emptied in the night. Need to start from a village somewhere, or somewhere it is definitely safe to park
18 June 2013, 09:39,
(18 June 2013, 08:37)BeardyMan Wrote:
(17 June 2013, 11:25)bigpaul Wrote: make sure its somewhere you can park, i'm assuming since its Dartmoor most people will drive there, depending on numbers you cant just assume you can park anywhere on the moor.

Yup, also you can't just leave your car by the side of the road. Well you can, but you may find it's been emptied in the night. Need to start from a village somewhere, or somewhere it is definitely safe to park

Yeh we deffinatly will need to start off somewhere civilised, even if its so I can programme the sat nav.
18 June 2013, 09:50,
So what's the plan then? Are we looking at yomping through the moors for the day then camp at night? Only I'm getting lazy in my old age and my old broken pelvis doesn't really like humping a pack miles for "fun". I'm more of a set up camp and chill out kind of guy
18 June 2013, 10:08,
I'm leaving the day in scythe13's capable hands. He has already suggested that we are not going to do anything hardcore and as its an all day type event we have plenty of time to get to a camp location, so a nice slow pace and regular breaks tick a box for me.
But there will (obviously) be a walking element to the day, ive kinda started training for it by packing my bag with my water supplies and going for some long walks in my local woods. Hopefully this will iron out any kit issues I have and get me used to walking with a weight on my back.
18 June 2013, 11:09,
OK. I may very well bow out of this one, let me know when you've decided where you're going to set up camp and I might have a womble over the moors to say hello