Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wild camping anyone?
31 July 2013, 10:07,
RE: wild camping anyone?
So is everyone ready for the upcoming overnighter??

I bought a one man lightweight tent for this, but can't fit me an the dog in, so think I'll just bring bivi bag & tarp an a few wool blankets. Going to get Winston to carry most of my gear too Big Grin

What's the view on fires? I'm guessing it's a no-go due to the ground, so that kind of rules out a communal meal as it's unlikely we'll have anything big enough to heat a 3.5 gallon pot...
31 July 2013, 11:07,
OH and I are hoping to pop over, not to camp but just to say hello to everyone. see you in the car park at 12 noon.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 July 2013, 11:30,
(31 July 2013, 10:07)BeardyMan Wrote: So is everyone ready for the upcoming overnighter??

I bought a one man lightweight tent for this, but can't fit me an the dog in, so think I'll just bring bivi bag & tarp an a few wool blankets. Going to get Winston to carry most of my gear too Big Grin

What's the view on fires? I'm guessing it's a no-go due to the ground, so that kind of rules out a communal meal as it's unlikely we'll have anything big enough to heat a 3.5 gallon pot...

Camp fires are not allowed so i'm bringing my camping stove along.
Also how many litres of water is necessary? I'm taking 3 litres, is that enough as i'm a big tea drinker Smile
31 July 2013, 11:41,
(31 July 2013, 11:30)MCavity Wrote:
(31 July 2013, 10:07)BeardyMan Wrote: So is everyone ready for the upcoming overnighter??

Camp fires are not allowed so i'm bringing my camping stove along.
Also how many litres of water is necessary? I'm taking 3 litres, is that enough as i'm a big tea drinker Smile

Aye, that should be plenty for one night. I'll fill some containers and keep 'em in the car incase anyone runs out. No point lugging it about if it's not necessary.

Is anyone terrified of dogs or anything? I know Scythe is bringing his puppies, so I'm planning on bringing Winston.
31 July 2013, 12:39,
I'm cool - bring a dancing bear for all I care Smile
31 July 2013, 12:51,
Im still good to go at the moment,Im hoping nothing explodes in my life in the coming week,And as for dogs ive got no problems with them
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
31 July 2013, 12:57,
Cool. He's completely harmless, but as he's a rottweiller people get a bit funny
31 July 2013, 13:06,
Thats alright,We had a rottweiler when i was a kid
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
31 July 2013, 13:58,
(31 July 2013, 12:57)BeardyMan Wrote: Cool. He's completely harmless, but as he's a rottweiller people get a bit funny

yep, I can confirm he's as soppy as a brush, but don't sit down he has a habit of sticking his nose in your crotch!!TongueBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 July 2013, 14:28,
(31 July 2013, 13:58)bigpaul Wrote:
(31 July 2013, 12:57)BeardyMan Wrote: Cool. He's completely harmless, but as he's a rottweiller people get a bit funny

yep, I can confirm he's as soppy as a brush, but don't sit down he has a habit of sticking his nose in your crotch!!TongueBig Grin

He's just checking for peanut butter Wink Big Grin