Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wild camping anyone?
4 August 2013, 13:07,
RE: wild camping anyone?
if you set up near one of the forest plantations you'll have cover.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 August 2013, 14:46,
(4 August 2013, 13:07)bigpaul Wrote: if you set up near one of the forest plantations you'll have cover.
If they're mature trees then that's where I'll be located. Give me something to secure Winston to also. I have a land anchor type thing, big screw in jobby, but he's bent that...

Anyone got a grid reference / actual location of where we'll be camping? Need to know soon-ish so I can investigate the layout of the land and know which bits of my gear to bring with me.
4 August 2013, 18:54,
Ditto on the grid reference, need to pre-fold the map to save me doing it in the inevitable rain !
4 August 2013, 19:19,
Thanks for the link BP. Doesn't look very 'moor-ish'
4 August 2013, 19:21,
(4 August 2013, 19:19)BeardyMan Wrote: Thanks for the link BP. Doesn't look very 'moor-ish'

well I haven't been over that side of the moor for a few years but I don't know what your expectingBig Grin its moor all right.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 August 2013, 00:02,
(4 August 2013, 19:21)bigpaul Wrote:
(4 August 2013, 19:19)BeardyMan Wrote: Thanks for the link BP. Doesn't look very 'moor-ish'

well I haven't been over that side of the moor for a few years but I don't know what your expectingBig Grin its moor all right.

I dunno. Something a bit more isolated? Quite close to a few buildings from a quick look on google earth
5 August 2013, 08:36, (This post was last modified: 5 August 2013, 08:44 by bigpaul.)
(5 August 2013, 00:02)BeardyMan Wrote:
(4 August 2013, 19:21)bigpaul Wrote:

well I haven't been over that side of the moor for a few years but I don't know what your expecting:D its moor all right.

I dunno. Something a bit more isolated? Quite close to a few buildings from a quick look on google earth

yeah, well if you look at the map its the edge of the moor, if you want open moors you need to get onto what I call the HIGH moor up around Princetown, Two Bridges, even up towards Okehampton, that's where the army do their training.

like I say, I haven't been over that side of the moor for years, although I think the OH knows that area quite well as she farmed in that area(Moretonhampstead area), I know the Princetown, Two Bridges area better-I worked on a farm there myself for a while- and down towards Cadover Bridge, Shaugh Prior, Cornwood.
5 August 2013, 10:44,
http://www.dartmoornationalpark.co.uk/maps.php
5 August 2013, 10:52,
The location was chosen as it provides a very easy walk, but can also be extended. Because this is a first camping trip for a few people, it makes more sense to not go too extreme. As well as that, it's our first meeting, so there's no point going nuts and putting people off. Best way is to think of this as a camping trip, with survival skills being taught, but also with a Beardy shop section (it that's still an option mate).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 August 2013, 13:33,
Aye - this has all been explained before, so lets just stick to the plan please.