Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to site a vibrant PA community after TSHTF
14 June 2013, 19:56,
RE: Where to site a vibrant PA community after TSHTF
I think that you cover most needed things, water ways have for centuries held the key to trade and commerce,..and for that reason I am going to say that one of the best places would be where I am now

For Centuries the MacDonalds held the isles around this location for trading and protection, linking all the islands with ease,.....if we come forward from that, the `Jacobit` steam train that runs the line today from Fort William to the port of Mallaig is just the latest of the rail transport to link the isles to more inner lands,..and onto central Scotland .... the sea itself,..as well as making life easy to travel up and down the coastline,.. it becomes very easy to access far inland via sea lochs, for instance, a boat can come from the sea by Acharacle up Loch Shiel all the way to Glenfinnan, and meet up with the rail line and onto Fort Willaim.

The road that covers this now was only built in the late 1960s,... this was how things happened right up to then,..it was how the mail was delivered, it was how Victorian tourists traveled to what they called `far flung corners of the Highlands` .... many of the old folk around here remembered a time when the main form of travel was via the lochs
A major part of survival is invisibility.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where to site a vibrant PA community after TSHTF - by Highlander - 14 June 2013, 19:56