Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns guns guns...
15 June 2013, 12:09,
Rainbow  Guns guns guns...
Hey there, I recently bought an SMK B2 despite the amount of people saying the guy is crap, I only got it for £30 and it's ideal for practicing since I haven't shot since my army training and even then that's different! To me the gun is pretty accurate and I can get a clean shot from 20-30 away I have no scope on the gun and I understand why people criticize the gun, but it gets the job done.

I will soon be investing into a new gun probably secondhand since I'm on low budget atm! I recently saw this on GunStar

Crosman 1077 12-shot CO2 rifle for sale with Red Dot sight and gunslip. Very good, as new condition, only used twice. Relocation forces sale. Would consider less money if you wanted without the sight.
£ 75.00

Would this be an ideal gun?

If not I'll be heading for an Weihrauch HW99 secondhand.

What do you guys think?
Winning is not enough
15 June 2013, 12:15,
RE: Guns guns guns...
NO!

if the worst comes to the worst, and you end up living in the forest, who's gonna top up your CO2? if you can wait a while and save up for a gas ram rifle, that'd be much more use to you
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
15 June 2013, 12:18,
(15 June 2013, 12:15)Binnie Wrote: NO!

if the worst comes to the worst, and you end up living in the forest, who's gonna top up your CO2? if you can wait a while and save up for a gas ram rifle, that'd be much more use to you

Bring a backpack full of them! Obviously I wouldn't do that but yeah, thanks! Okay any recommendations?
Winning is not enough
15 June 2013, 13:03,
I've got a gamo shadow igt, it certainly does the trick!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
15 June 2013, 13:38,
if your looking for a post shtf rifle you need a break barrel, if you just want a gun for now any of the SMK's or a Crossman Ratcatcher CO2's would do you fine.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 June 2013, 14:24,
(15 June 2013, 13:03)Binnie Wrote: I've got a gamo shadow igt, it certainly does the trick!
Okay cool, I'll check it out now thanks Smile

(15 June 2013, 13:38)bigpaul Wrote: if your looking for a post shtf rifle you need a break barrel, if you just want a gun for now any of the SMK's or a Crossman Ratcatcher CO2's would do you fine.

Can you recommend me a break barrel? Smile
Winning is not enough
15 June 2013, 14:34,
(15 June 2013, 14:24)Holy Herb Wrote:
(15 June 2013, 13:03)Binnie Wrote: I've got a gamo shadow igt, it certainly does the trick!
Okay cool, I'll check it out now thanks Smile

(15 June 2013, 13:38)bigpaul Wrote: if your looking for a post shtf rifle you need a break barrel, if you just want a gun for now any of the SMK's or a Crossman Ratcatcher CO2's would do you fine.

Can you recommend me a break barrel? Smile

well, a weirhauch is a good make, their FULL power but they tend to be a bit on the heavy side, if you can get a BSA Meteor or one of their newer models they are a bit lighter to carry around.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 June 2013, 14:49,
Alright thanks, I can pick up a secondhand one for £60
Winning is not enough
15 June 2013, 15:05,
(15 June 2013, 14:49)Holy Herb Wrote: Alright thanks, I can pick up a secondhand one for £60

second hand which one? if its secondhand check the breech seal, and get someone to check the ft poundage on a machine..the spring may be weak and need changing, I got my meteor second hand but the spring was duff and needed replacing.
15 June 2013, 17:30,
With the limited power available from a UK spec air rifle accuracy is everything. You do not want to spend 30 minutes sneaking up to a rabbit only to miss the kill zone and watch it dive into a hole and bleed to death down there.

Buy a quality spring powered rifle, like a TX200 or HW80 - they will last you a lifetime. I prefer 0.177 cal because it's easier to hit that kill zone with.