Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mousetraps.
15 June 2013, 15:32,
mousetraps.
just ordered 2 plastic mousetraps on ebay, great for catching smaller game and birds(pheasants?), they'll go in my pack along with a couple of lengths of paracord, they've got holes in the back as standard so you can tie them off to a tree or a rock so the prey dosent run off with it!Tongue already got some snare wire in my pack so this is just as an added extra.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 June 2013, 16:14,
RE: mousetraps.
Which size did you get?

There is a small size for mice and a larger size for rats. You need the big rat size. The small ones will not hold a critter bigger than your average mouse.

I once fought an epic battle in the utility room with a rat caught in one of the large traps. It had him by the tail and he was really pi$$ed!

The trap was unsecured and, true to reputation, they charge when wounded.

I killed it with my trusty walking staff and made an amazing discovery. Rats shrink when dead! That sucker was twice as big while fighting me than he was after the dispatch.
15 June 2013, 16:27,
I have a few rat and mice traps for around my chicken shed, never thought of birds , useful post BP , 2 going in my BOB now. And rats don't like my .22 pellets either MB ....caught one the other day trying to give tough to one I shot, needless to say the result of that encounter .
15 June 2013, 16:35,
these aren't the old wooden ones, these are modern plastic ones and the spring on them is very strong.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 June 2013, 17:01,
Yes I know the ones BP, and sensitive to .....do you want to see my black nail ? lol
15 June 2013, 17:03,
(15 June 2013, 17:01)Straight Shooter Wrote: Yes I know the ones BP, and sensitive to .....do you want to see my black nail ? lol

oh no, not the "black finger nail"!Big GrinBig Grin
15 June 2013, 18:39,
(15 June 2013, 17:01)Straight Shooter Wrote: Yes I know the ones BP, and sensitive to .....do you want to see my black nail ? lol

bloody hell I bet that hurtSad
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
15 June 2013, 19:01,
Ran around in a circle for 32 mins Barney shouting oh dear oh dear ...Grandkids thought it was hilarious .....do it again bamp......pleeaaassseee
15 June 2013, 19:10,
(15 June 2013, 19:01)Straight Shooter Wrote: Ran around in a circle for 32 mins Barney shouting oh dear oh dear ...Grandkids thought it was hilarious .....do it again bamp......pleeaaassseee

I mail ordered some Fenn traps a few years ago, they came ready set with the safety catch on ( easier to post because they're flat when set ). I'd never had one before and didn't know if it was set or not - I soon learned.
16 June 2013, 14:47,
Is it worth considering humane mouse traps at all? food stays fresher for longer if it's alive Smile
Winter is coming