Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guerrila War swiss Army
15 June 2013, 17:28,
Guerrila War swiss Army
Saw this elsewhere on JR site and found a resource

-
Hi Jim,
To follow up on this discussion, another good publication to study guerilla and counter-guerilla warfare is the book Total Resistance by Major H. Von Dach.

Although the publication was written in the 1960s and concerns Swiss plans for dealing with a Soviet invasion, I believe it has quite a bit of information that is directly useful, or which could be easily updated, for use in today's world. I'm not sure that the English-language version is still in print, but used copies can be found. - J.B. and Co.

--

here's a freebie

http://impliedinference.files.wordpress....stance.pdf
15 June 2013, 17:34,
RE: Guerrila War swiss Army
I never knew the Swiss even HAD an army, I thought it was all Alps and Cuckoo clocks!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 June 2013, 17:45,
The Swiss probably have the best Mountain troops in the world
A major part of survival is invisibility.
15 June 2013, 18:04,
I always thought the Swiss were Neutral?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 June 2013, 18:55,
Thanks RS, tucked away safely in my General Library...

15 June 2013, 19:45,
had this book in my teens 78/79 good book lent it never seen it again Angry
Survive the jive (youtube )
15 June 2013, 20:17,
(15 June 2013, 18:04)bigpaul Wrote: I always thought the Swiss were Neutral?

The Swiss and others like Norway like to stay out of things, but they still have good armies in case it comes to them,... as it did to Norway during WW11
A major part of survival is invisibility.
15 June 2013, 22:35,
I've got this book, it's brilliant. It was written as a resistance manual for the Swiss in the 1960's in case the Soviets ever invaded and the conventional forces were fragmented. It covers loads of stuff, like caching supplies and weapons, ambush tactics etc. It would be very relevant for some sort of 1984-nightmare (It covers how to behave in concentration camps, oo eck!)

Imagine if our government took the Swiss attitude. Lets give every household a FAL Battle rifle, some ammo and this book. But no, we could never have the peasants getting their grubby hands on such unpleasantness.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
15 June 2013, 22:40,
Total Resitance by Von Dach Bern and the Art Of Warfare by Tsun Tsu (I think) were part of our studies in the army of the 70s, it didnt do much on counter insurgency iirc.

15 June 2013, 22:59,
The Swiss maintain their neutrality by making it unprofitable to invade their territory. You do not invade a nation where every citizen is a soldier.

The Swiss have compulsory military service for every male citizen.

After training all citizens serve in the reserves from age 18-35 and sometimes to age 50.

As reservists they are required to keep their issue weapons in their homes!!!! (also have one of the lowest murder rates in the world)

All reservists must be prepared to fight from the minute they walk out their doors.

Rifle qualification is required twice each year for each reservist and every town is required to have range facilities available for their residents.

That sort of refutes the theory that the presence of the weapon causes criminal behavior.