Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slingshots/Catapults?
16 June 2013, 11:45,
Slingshots/Catapults?
What are your guys opinions on these for hunting small game? I know people that do it and they can be extremely accurate and they kill them humanely with one hit to the head.

So with the law aside, what are your guys thoughts?
Winning is not enough
16 June 2013, 11:48,
RE: Slingshots/Catapults?
(16 June 2013, 11:45)Holy Herb Wrote: What are your guys opinions on these for hunting small game? I know people that do it and they can be extremely accurate and they kill them humanely with one hit to the head.

a handy weapon which should be a part of a preppers kit, also have a look at "sling bows" on youtube.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 June 2013, 11:49,
(16 June 2013, 11:48)bigpaul Wrote:
(16 June 2013, 11:45)Holy Herb Wrote: What are your guys opinions on these for hunting small game? I know people that do it and they can be extremely accurate and they kill them humanely with one hit to the head.

a handy weapon which should be a part of a preppers kit, also have a look at "sling bows" on youtube.

They're rather easy to make also in woodlands anyway! Sling bows are they just slings? I looked at slings but they look like they'll take a lot of skill to learn
Winning is not enough
16 June 2013, 11:52,
(16 June 2013, 11:49)Holy Herb Wrote:

They're rather easy to make also in woodlands anyway! Sling bows are they just slings? I looked at slings but they look like they'll take a lot of skill to learn

no, look at the videos on youtube, they are ADAPTED catapults which allow you to fire an arrow.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 June 2013, 11:56,
(16 June 2013, 11:52)bigpaul Wrote:
(16 June 2013, 11:49)Holy Herb Wrote:

no, look at the videos on youtube, they are ADAPTED catapults which allow you to fire an arrow.

Oh okay well I'm checking it out now, thanks for that everyone loves a bit of knowledge Smile.
Have you tried one out? Are they decent?
Winning is not enough
16 June 2013, 12:01, (This post was last modified: 16 June 2013, 12:04 by bigpaul.)
(16 June 2013, 11:56)Holy Herb Wrote: Oh okay well I'm checking it out now, thanks for that everyone loves a bit of knowledge Smile.
OH YES!Big Grin like everything you need to practise.

have a look at Dave Canterbury videos on "wilderness outfitters", he does a good video on the subject, also check out his other videos..this guy talks sense!
16 June 2013, 12:08,
(16 June 2013, 12:01)bigpaul Wrote:
(16 June 2013, 11:56)Holy Herb Wrote: Oh okay well I'm checking it out now, thanks for that everyone loves a bit of knowledge Smile.

have a look at Dave Canterbury videos on "wilderness outfitters", he does a good video on the subject, also check out his other videos..this guy talks sense!

Yeah the video I saw the guy talked about him I'm going to check that out thanks, I need to get a Whisker Biscuit then I'll make one since my slingshot arives in a few days Tongue
Winning is not enough
16 June 2013, 12:19,
(16 June 2013, 12:08)Holy Herb Wrote:

Yeah the video I saw the guy talked about him I'm going to check that out thanks, I need to get a Whisker Biscuit then I'll make one since my slingshot arives in a few days Tongue

you don't need an expensive whisker biscuit, all you need is a one and a quarter inch split ring..same as a key ring and 2 small cable ties...Big Grin
16 June 2013, 12:40,
(16 June 2013, 12:19)bigpaul Wrote:

you don't need an expensive whisker biscuit, all you need is a one and a quarter inch split ring..same as a key ring and 2 small cable ties...Big Grin

Can you explain how that would work? o.o
Winning is not enough
16 June 2013, 12:56,
(16 June 2013, 12:40)Holy Herb Wrote:
(16 June 2013, 12:19)bigpaul Wrote:

Can you explain how that would work? o.o
you use the split ring in between the Y of the catapult, the 2 cable ties are to hold it in place..they need to be fairly tight or the ring will jump when you fire the arrow, the split ring is simply an arrow rest, the arrow should be a couple of inches longer than the distance you can pull back the elastic, in my case that's 20 inches, this is so it protrudes through the split ring.