Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YOUR ACTIONS ON (IA,s)
17 June 2013, 22:47,
YOUR ACTIONS ON (IA,s)
ACTIONS ON (I A)

OK then this is it, the big one rioting has broken out the Police and the Army are not coping (those who turned up that is) a complete financial collapse is forecast, things are getting worse by the day while you are waiting for things to get worse what are you doing as a prepper ? What are your actions on your IA,s. Now before people start getting to excited, I am not asking people to divulge anything at all what they believe is breaking OPSEC I am after ideas tips, and pointers for myself to improve my actions on TSHTF and develop my own plans. Basically my plans are as things get worse are

Sit back and get the kettle on whilst I watch the news and decide for myself what is going on.

Wash shower shave and have plenty to eat, and make sure I am fully hydrated, do these whilst I can do and these are available.

Check service and repack my BOB and check my EDC.

Review my plans to bug in/out

Make sure my BOV is packed serviced fully fuelled ready to go.

Go for a check up with the doctor and dentist make sure I am fully fit.

See what I can still purchase from shops if they still have not been stripped bare and still open.

Prioritise checking, improving and increasing Prep’s (if possible) in order of the following priority, food, water, fuel, shelter, and medical/hygiene.

I am interested in peoples advice and constructive comments thanks.
17 June 2013, 23:04,
RE: YOUR ACTIONS ON (IA,s)
It depends where the problems are and where you are,.... I would watch the news for every bit of information I could get,... I would buy as much extras as I could get my hands on, that would be almost anything I could find, including food, and fuel, you may as well spend what money you have.

Then sit back and hope it doesn't get any worse

... but then I am not in the city, or close to built up areas, so I would be in little danger, what I would be watching would be things like how is the troubles effecting the supply of shop goods and fuel, has it effected the transport system, that would be one of the key tipping points
A major part of survival is invisibility.
18 June 2013, 10:30,
If it really has HTF and the army etc is not coping, then popping down down to see whats left in the shops is the quickest way to get killed IMO. Let the sheeples knock the crap out of each other for the last can of beans and leave them to it.
18 June 2013, 10:32,
Personally from the above scenario.

Staying in for the evening and watching

Shopping early AM when the chavs are all asleep. Topping up what is still available locally before the riots get there.

Securing the home. Hiding away what I can.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 June 2013, 10:50,
(18 June 2013, 10:30)MCavity Wrote: If it really has HTF and the army etc is not coping, then popping down down to see whats left in the shops is the quickest way to get killed IMO. Let the sheeples knock the crap out of each other for the last can of beans and leave them to it.

Yes good point
18 June 2013, 11:39,
Personally for the situation stated I would be securing my location as a priority, filling up all available pots and bath etc with fresh water so I don't have to break into my stored items until absolutely necessary and hunkering down, planning for the worst but hoping for the best!

I plan to be bugging in as long as possible but if it all really escalates to protect my family I would bug out and hence my BOV is always fully fuelled so it would be ready so if it got to the stage of bugging out my family and I can just get in and go.
18 June 2013, 13:32,
I would fill up all my water containers whilst the mains are still on, check radio and tv. early morning as soon as stores open i'd be down to my local co-op and BUY as much as I can..tinned and dried stuff( I've got an emergency cash fund so no queueing at the ATM), i'd ignore all the big supermarkets...probably all cleared and looted already...instead i'd go to all the small village stores and again BUY what I could...also get as much of those small bags of coal as I can and all the bottled water, if the petrol station is open and not blocked with abandoned vehicles i'd top up my fuel can supply if I hadn't already...car has a FULL tank as I top up as soon as it gets to half. then maybe i'd hit the builders merchants at the bottom of the hill and buy some shuttering plywood for my house windows. maybe this would be done in one or two short trips, never going more than 6 miles from the house, then get back and batten down the hatches and wait, don't expect anything too soon as we are not in town, nearest large town is 8 miles away (population 5,000) then 2 others 13 miles, make take some time for the storm to reach here, if it does at all, I expect more people to LEAVE here than COME here, but will be prepared anyway.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 June 2013, 13:39,
Adapt.
18 June 2013, 14:10,
(18 June 2013, 13:39)BeardyMan Wrote: Adapt.

yep, that too!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 June 2013, 15:32,
(18 June 2013, 13:32)bigpaul Wrote: nearest large town is 8 miles away (population 5,000)

The population of the town I live in is about 12,000 and I think of that as a small town...