Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citroen Berlingo Stealth Camper
18 June 2013, 21:55,
Citroen Berlingo Stealth Camper
I though this DIY conversion to be quite natty and interesting as quite a few of use are investigating using small van based vehicles and BOV/ ED Transport.

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/sh...ro-Camper-)

18 June 2013, 22:42,
RE: Citroen Berlingo Stealth Camper
Bloody good job that...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
18 June 2013, 22:43,
Yes,.. it has been quiet well thought out
A major part of survival is invisibility.
19 June 2013, 00:04,
Easily repeatable.

I prefer just having an inflaitable matress in the boot, then laying all the seats flat. Works well if you have a long car like an estate or saloon.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
19 June 2013, 07:31,
Well, it's a citroen. I love small campers, but if it's a BOV then you want something RELIABLE! Unfortunately any French car isn't.
19 June 2013, 09:06,
(19 June 2013, 07:31)BeardyMan Wrote: Well, it's a citroen. I love small campers, but if it's a BOV then you want something RELIABLE! Unfortunately any French car isn't.

I have driven a Berlingo for 4 years now and have NEVER had any trouble with it....TongueTongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 June 2013, 09:11, (This post was last modified: 19 June 2013, 09:12 by BeardyMan.)
(19 June 2013, 09:06)bigpaul Wrote:
(19 June 2013, 07:31)BeardyMan Wrote: Well, it's a citroen. I love small campers, but if it's a BOV then you want something RELIABLE! Unfortunately any French car isn't.

I have driven a Berlingo for 4 years now and have NEVER had any trouble with it....TongueTongue

Ah, yes, but you don't drive it like you stole it. Unless that big beard driving a berlingo that went flying down the road, screaming like a banshee, sending innocent pedestrians fleeing for their life was YOU!!!???!!! Big Grin

They're alright if you don't do too many miles. Lot of those engines are ally, and don't take too well to much over 70/80,000 miles. I had my citroen for about 6 days (if that) before I cooked the engine. Water was coming out faster than the hosepipe could put it in!

Maybe it's just me though? I've killed a few in my time

Err, that last bit came out wrong! I've killed a few CARS in my time. Not random hookers I picked up. Honest.
19 June 2013, 09:25,
(19 June 2013, 09:11)BeardyMan Wrote:

Ah, yes, but you don't drive it like you stole it. Unless that big beard driving a berlingo that went flying down the road, screaming like a banshee, sending innocent pedestrians fleeing for their life was YOU!!!???!!! Big Grin

They're alright if you don't do too many miles. Lot of those engines are ally, and don't take too well to much over 70/80,000 miles. I had my citroen for about 6 days (if that) before I cooked the engine. Water was coming out faster than the hosepipe could put it in!

Err, that last bit came out wrong! I've killed a few CARS in my time. Not random hookers I picked up. Honest.

yeah, but your half my age, I bet you drive like "sh't off a shovel", I no longer have to drive like I've got something to prove!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 June 2013, 09:32,
I just remember my old chum Phil has a self build Berlingo camper, well its a day van actually cos he put a maggiliona roof tent on top of the van and kept kitchen and loo etc inside. His has done 149,000 miles and still goes quite well.

19 June 2013, 09:34,
(19 June 2013, 09:25)bigpaul Wrote:
(19 June 2013, 09:11)BeardyMan Wrote:

yeah, but your half my age, I bet you drive like "sh't off a shovel", I no longer have to drive like I've got something to prove!Big Grin

Aye, motorways I'm about average, 90ish most of the way. Nothing excessive or dangerous. With little'un though and the bloke who drive Miss Daisy overtakes me.

Anyway, you can't drive fast with 3 and 3/4 wheels and only 3 gears Big Grin