Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STEEL tipped Fibreglass arrows 12 for £20
19 June 2013, 11:53,
STEEL tipped Fibreglass arrows 12 for £20
This makes a change, STEEL tipped field arrows ( not tin tipped) on rugged glassfibre shafts, I've ordered 12 for my cache.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290769225020?s...1439.l2649

19 June 2013, 11:56,
RE: STEEL tipped Fibreglass arrows 12 for £20
not bad, reasonable price. I buy pack of 10 wooden arrows for £19.99 with free postage, tips are rubbish but I ALWAYS change the tips anyway so not a problem.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 June 2013, 12:42,
Nice find, I will be getting 12 of those

The same shop also sells fiberglass arrows with screw tips, so they are Broad Head compatible, although a bit more expensive

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Screw-Tip-Fibr...89666f5e30
A major part of survival is invisibility.
19 June 2013, 12:56,
Mine came bout an hour ago, fired a few for effect, bit heavier than my Black stalkers and a couple on inches longer so I had to adjust my aim slightly higher, they do the jub fine and are likely to be quite durable.

Of course NR junior has buggered up my standardisation plans by now deciding he wants a 35 pound draw US style flatbow which means more work for me on one hand, but on the other theres a lot less to go wrong with a flatbow compared with a compound.

So I'm looking for reccomendations for a one piece bow of around 35 pound draw that is not expensive but will be reliable and no nore than 58 inches long??

19 June 2013, 13:44,
(19 June 2013, 12:56)NorthernRaider Wrote: Mine came bout an hour ago, fired a few for effect, bit heavier than my Black stalkers and a couple on inches longer so I had to adjust my aim slightly higher, they do the jub fine and are likely to be quite durable.

Of course NR junior has buggered up my standardisation plans by now deciding he wants a 35 pound draw US style flatbow which means more work for me on one hand, but on the other theres a lot less to go wrong with a flatbow compared with a compound.

So I'm looking for recommendations for a one piece bow of around 35 pound draw that is not expensive but will be reliable and no nore than 58 inches long??

Out of interest has your lad tried a 35lb bow? The archers at my local club are advising me that I will be OK at 30-32lbs, and thats as a well built adult. As you are probably aware using a bow thats too heavy for you is no use at all.
If you have an archery store near you with a range I would go on the pretense of buying just to try a few different bows out.
I have my first tournament on Sunday, so I will ask a few of the seasoned archers thier opinion.
19 June 2013, 13:50, (This post was last modified: 19 June 2013, 13:58 by NorthernRaider.)
Hi McCav NR Junior already has a 25 pound compound and a 30 pound recurve but it is 68 inches long which makes it unweildy at best. And he has easily outgrown them both in recent months because of his weight training regime.

I thought about going to 40 pound draw but dont think it makes sense at this time for him So I comprimised on 35 pounds draw.

There are no decent archery stores I am aware of in the north of England.

I loved the training course I did over 6 weeks with East Durham Archers, I learned far more than I could from a book, My instructor was a no nonsense ex SAS guy who made it so simple with his common sense approach. it was him and the now closed Custom Built Archery store in Guisbrough that directed us to stay around 30 to 32 pounds as well.

FYI fellow arrow buyers these new glass fibre steel tipped arrows come in at 40 grams compared to the Easton Black Stalkers 26 grams so you can see its got more weight thus a greater parabolic arc, but more mass to punch into the target with.

19 June 2013, 14:04,
Not trying to teach you to suck eggs NR, just passing on what i've been told. I should be getting my first recurve bow in a few weeks, so it will be intresting to see what size and weight bow is right for me.
19 June 2013, 14:12, (This post was last modified: 19 June 2013, 14:22 by NorthernRaider.)
(19 June 2013, 14:04)MCavity Wrote: Not trying to teach you to suck eggs NR, just passing on what i've been told. I should be getting my first recurve bow in a few weeks, so it will be intresting to see what size and weight bow is right for me.

Just chuffed as buggery you are joining the debate and trying to help me Smile, I've only been doing this for about 2 years and am only geting out of the basics right now, so any advice is most definately welcome.

Its right what they say on these courses y'know the bow you need on the first night is nothing like what you need when you have done the course.

I think that like in the thousands of schools in the US, Canada and Aus that archery should be part of the curriculum, its much more challenging and rewarding that bloody football.

Found this site that has quite a bit of common sense advice and guidance about archery.

http://www.archeryresource.com/proper-bow-weight.php