Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preppers and Classic Cars
23 June 2013, 15:32,
RE: Preppers and Classic Cars
(23 June 2013, 13:29)RoadWarrior Wrote: ...the only thing..vehicle/transport wise with a "chip" in it any good after an emp...will be a horse with a tag in its ear !!Big Grin

yeahBig Grin you said it bro!Tongue 4 legged transport not 4wd!!Blush
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 June 2013, 15:36, (This post was last modified: 23 June 2013, 15:38 by RoadWarrior.)
thought that would be right up your back lane BP ! Smile

UKS, sorry mate ..but looked to me in your post that you seemed to ME to say get one...these are the last kind with an ecu. Confused
23 June 2013, 15:39,
(23 June 2013, 15:36)RoadWarrior Wrote: thought that would be right up your back lane BP ! Smile

yeah, there are 5 ponies in a field..in my back lane...about 100 yards away!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 June 2013, 15:47,
Friday afternoon nearly got run over by this guy on a three wheeler in the high street in Builth Wells ....he said " I been ringing my bell " I said sorry man....I like the bike....bloody huge basket on the back ....and there I am thinking great bug out idea and imagined what that basket could hold.....it was big , bloody preppers get everywhere.
23 June 2013, 15:56, (This post was last modified: 23 June 2013, 16:08 by Highlander.)
Its not just the Classic cars that can fall into this group though,...I used to own a Lada Cossack, which was,..and still are as simple as any of the far older cars, yet they are a great 4x4 and will go most places.

... anything the Russians make for their own market is well worth a look at, they are designed with rough handling and easy maintenance in mind,.. the only problem that I ever saw in them was that they rust, that was one of the reasons I sold mine, the other being I needed room for three large dogs

.... but I recommend them as a good preper vehical, just dont expect too much luxury,.. youtube a few off road Lada clips and have a look

This is the Lad Nive,.. but they are basically the same car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTLWHr4nJAM
A major part of survival is invisibility.
23 June 2013, 17:05,
(23 June 2013, 15:36)RoadWarrior Wrote:
UKS, sorry mate ..but looked to me in your post that you seemed to ME to say get one...these are the last kind with an ecu. Confused

No worries RW.
Any LR with a 300 tdi is very sought after we have 2 LR 300 tdi's one standard and the other tricked up for expeditions.
Failure is NOT an option
23 June 2013, 22:13,
LR still make Defenders with the 300TDi engine for export to Africa, where the more technologically complex TD5 and Puma engines are not capable of being "bush-repaired".
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.