Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made the Fat Girl Cry
25 June 2013, 15:11,
Bug  Made the Fat Girl Cry
I was in a camp this past weekend where all manner of information was discussed and all types of lectures and seminars given. One of the subjects was proper diet and fitness, which is standard for this day and age.

The lecture was given by a young lady with a degree in nutrition. I respectfully listened to the pap these people promote as the latest medical fad and left part way through the lecture due to absolute and total boredom.

Latter that evening I was sitting at my campsite having my evening meal, which consisted of about 2 oz of cheddar, about 4-6 oz of sliced turkey and a handful of mixed nuts all washed down with water from the spring (yep its safe) that had been boiled into strong coffee.

The young nutritionist lady was camped nearby and began advising me on my diet protocol, informing me I was not getting a balanced meal and need some carbs and complex something or other to even things out. She also informed me that I needed to boost my metabolism with a bit of exercise.

Now in the past two years I have lost 7 of you British people's "stones" and have kept that amount off successfully. I am at the point in life where age and attrition has more influence on my body than a medical journal's recommendations. I know what will put the weight on me and what I can and can not eat. I also know the limitations of my tired old body and the exercise it can and can not tolerate.

I have discovered a balance point where I can tolerate the diet I need while placing the bare minimum of stress on a bad back that has had three surgeries and does not tolerate "exercise" well.

I also did not mention that the young lady in question was at least 9-10 of your British stones overloaded for her height. Looked something like a pear with legs.

When she stopped her dribble I looked her up and down like a farmer buying a cow at the stock auction and simply asked;

"How's that plan working out for you?"

Poor child went back to her tent and cried.

Reality sucks!

Angel
25 June 2013, 15:25,
RE: Made the Fat Girl Cry
You should run for President dude Big Grin
25 June 2013, 15:39,
He's a hangin SheriffBig Grin
25 June 2013, 17:16,
never heard of "Tact" I take it? you'll do well post collapse....not!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 June 2013, 17:19,
Mortblanc, that was cold! I like it!

Maybe the young pear... err... lady will start to think in terms of reality once she's finished with her little theatrical snit! It sounds to me like you may have done her a favor, but time will tell.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
25 June 2013, 17:21,
(25 June 2013, 17:19)Jonas Wrote: Mortblanc, that was cold! I like it!

Maybe the young pear... err... lady will start to think in terms of reality once she's finished with her little theatrical snit! It sounds to me like you may have done her a favor, but time will tell.

I can think of better things to do with pear shaped ladiesTongue and make em cry isn't one of them....well, not that way anyway!Angel
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 June 2013, 18:10,
if i saw that i would assume you were on a low carb diet as it was high in protein and fats. Good fats to be found in nuts.

I have learned that if people want your advise they will ask. seems that young lady hasn't learned that valuable life lesson yet
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

25 June 2013, 18:32,
HAHA, I love it!!!

I remember some fat guy in the gym ages ago telling me I was training all wrong. I lifted up my top, showed my abs, smiled, and looked at him....well, just at his belly for about 10 seconds, then I looked up at his face, smiled even wider, and said "Thank you for the advice, but my system seems to be more effective."

Another time, very similar thing, Chubs came over and laughed because I was using a really small weight (I didn't tell him I was having a day to correct my form...but I like using small weights anyway haha) and said "You're not lifting much weight. I'm stronger than you." I just smiled, looked him up and down, and said "Yeah, but I look great naked." then just got back to my 5kg shoulder pressing haha.

Sometimes, some people need a lesson in life, and by the sound of it, you did just that MB. Good on you.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 June 2013, 20:13,
Thats the trouble with you yanks......always trying to be Nice and diplomatic ..and getting around folks.........now over here we would have just said " you fat bastard"
25 June 2013, 20:16,
(25 June 2013, 17:16)bigpaul Wrote: never heard of "Tact" I take it? you'll do well post collapse....not!

TACT!!!

He!!, we still take scalps over here BP!

And the "collapse" hasn't even happened yet.