Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online book - how to make bow, arrows and hunt with them
5 July 2013, 09:39,
Online book - how to make bow, arrows and hunt with them
I just found this whilst searching for instructions on how to make catgut, it's a good read, based on DIY equipment from years ago.

http://www.archerylibrary.com/books/pope...and-arrow/
5 July 2013, 10:18,
RE: Online book - how to make bow, arrows and hunt with them
Hunting Grizzly Bear. Rather you than me gunga din.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 July 2013, 11:01,
Hey it must be a good book how many Grizzlies do you see roming the home counties now Smile, it looks like a good read TBH.

5 July 2013, 12:30,
This something I'll be looking at ......thanks
5 July 2013, 12:44,
Just finished 'One Second After' so was deciding what would be my next bedtime reading. This'll do nicely - thanks! Smile

5 July 2013, 13:22,
These books like one second after are fine but they are fiction books. Nobody really knows what will happen never mind what that will do. In all these books the hero is the guy who takes over makes some tough choices and takes out the bad guys when he needs to. Real life isn't like that.

Mix your fiction with books like Self Sufficiency, running your own smallholding and building your own shotgun. Get the tools and components and then you will be in a better position.

Fiction books are good in that they make you think. They are bad in the way they focus your thinking on specific things.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 July 2013, 13:29,
For me, fiction has its place. I often use it last thing at night to wind down after the factual material of the day but it keeps me 'on topic'...