Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what are you doing today?
17 July 2013, 15:58,
RE: what are you doing today?
Signing on is sole destroying, dont let it get you down.

tartar whats the fishing like at your neck of the woods at the moment?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
17 July 2013, 16:04,
Oh and today I am melting.......
17 July 2013, 17:16,
(15 July 2013, 13:50)bigpaul Wrote: just bought another 25 wooden arrows on ebay for £39.99(free postage) and another 4 arrow tubes £6.49 each(free postage).delivery due Wednesday!Big Grin

Why buy them when you could sit in a deck chair soaking up the sun with a nice cold glass or two of beer and whittle them yourself. Then you not only save money, may be for the beer, but also get practice for post SHTF.

Seem to remember that 'Ish' in Earth Abides used Bow & Arrow making to educate the children when 'conventional' schooling failed.
17 July 2013, 18:00,
(17 July 2013, 17:16)John Wrote:
(15 July 2013, 13:50)bigpaul Wrote: just bought another 25 wooden arrows on ebay for £39.99(free postage) and another 4 arrow tubes £6.49 each(free postage).delivery due Wednesday!Big Grin

Why buy them when you could sit in a deck chair soaking up the sun with a nice cold glass or two of beer and whittle them yourself. Then you not only save money, may be for the beer, but also get practice for post SHTF.

Seem to remember that 'Ish' in Earth Abides used Bow & Arrow making to educate the children when 'conventional' schooling failed.
because I cant whittle enough to have a large enough stock, once I have enough of a stock I can think about making some but I want enough of a stock so that I am covered should TSHTF sooner than any of us think.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 July 2013, 20:20,
Put up a load of strawberry and red gooseberry jam. Started to tidy up the strawberry bed ready to put it to sleep in autumn.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
17 July 2013, 21:35,
yummy yummy mary .....doing ours friday
18 July 2013, 10:07,
Harvesting Broad beans, Blackcurrants, grazing on the odd Gooseberry and Raspberry, having a few cold beers and reading Peloponnesian wars by Thucydides, and of course working on my tanBig Grin
18 July 2013, 16:43,
Zeroed boys new air rifle.
Failure is NOT an option
18 July 2013, 16:56,
Temps in the 90f range here these days. I work in the early hours and late in the evening.

Squash is overwhelming me, okra is ready to begin cutting and there are thousands of tomatoes ripening.

Mid day I go to town and solve the worlds' problems with a couple of friends.

Tonight I evict the hen and chicks from the brooder area and put them in the hen house with the rest of the birds.
18 July 2013, 17:54,
picking blackcurrants, their ripening on the bushes as we watch!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.