Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what are you doing today?
21 July 2013, 16:45,
RE: what are you doing today?
Organising selling stuff on Ebay - mainly mint on card toys from the 80's....should give me more dosh for prepping!
21 July 2013, 17:19,
Mint on cards? Hnnrgh. Which ones and series are you selling from?

I passed the time watching lady hawk then dragon slayer.
21 July 2013, 18:25,
Got a load of Action Force figures and weapons through a mate who cleared a warehouse and these were still in the shipping boxes untouched - paid £30 as a blast from the past and thought my boys might like to play with them til I saw how much they were going for on ebay!

Loads of Enemy, Z-Force and weapons packs.
22 July 2013, 15:32,
went to look at a couple of bits of land today, 1st one was .88 of an acre woodland, all vertical and local farmer has access through to his fields...no good, cant lock off the gate. 2nd one was .25 of an acre,small field, not bad but too many nosy snobby neighbours. price was £10, 000 for each!! oh well, back to the drawing board.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 July 2013, 19:17,
I cut a paddock today, and watched as a local farmer baled up the bottom field for me ( I don't have a baler ). I got 26 large round bales from one field.
23 July 2013, 17:35,
went to our local market today came back with 3 bags of food..all fresh!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 July 2013, 19:39,
One good reason to prep

Bracken my other half is stuck in traffic at a place called Onich about 12miles south of Fort William, she was stuck there just before 5pm on her way back from Oban,...the road is closed due to a fatal traffic accident, she has been told that the road may not be open until 10pm tonight.... she was driving for an hour before getting stopped, and she will still have an hours drive when she clears the crash site

There is a 161 mile detour if you are southbound, but no detour for northbound traffic.

But because we are preppers, she has both food and water, and sleeping bag if its necessary,...and even a book

You just never know whats around the next corner
A major part of survival is invisibility.
23 July 2013, 22:04,
(23 July 2013, 19:39)Highlander Wrote: One good reason to prep

Bracken my other half is stuck in traffic at a place called Onich about 12miles south of Fort William, she was stuck there just before 5pm on her way back from Oban,...the road is closed due to a fatal traffic accident, she has been told that the road may not be open until 10pm tonight.... she was driving for an hour before getting stopped, and she will still have an hours drive when she clears the crash site

There is a 161 mile detour if you are southbound, but no detour for northbound traffic.

But because we are preppers, she has both food and water, and sleeping bag if its necessary,...and even a book

10pm, and no movement yet,..she broke out the water and had a yogurt,.. determined to survive..Smile
23 July 2013, 22:06,
I'm starting to agree with a few journalists who i have noted are getting as fed up as I am of the cops closing roads for ridiculous length of time after accidents or incidents, theres a difference between a through investigation and grossly over reacting.

23 July 2013, 22:27, (This post was last modified: 23 July 2013, 23:09 by Highlander.)
(23 July 2013, 22:04)Highlander Wrote:

10pm, and no movement yet,..she broke out the water and had a yogurt,.. determined to survive..Smile

lessens learnt so far, carry a spoon, eating yogurt with your fingers is ok, but not the best.
Carry a spare midge hood, letting the dog out for a quick walk is to risk death by midge

(23 July 2013, 22:27)Highlander Wrote:
(23 July 2013, 22:04)Highlander Wrote:

lessens learnt so far, carry a spoon, eating yogurt with your fingers is ok, but not the best.
Carry a spare midge hood, letting the dog out for a quick walk is to risk death by midge

11.00pm,.. no movement,.. a recovery low loader has removed a smashed motor bike,... must be a sign