Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maintaining Mental Function and staving off insanity post SHTF
20 July 2013, 09:03,
RE: Maintaining Mental Function and staving off insanity post SHTF
(20 July 2013, 08:11)SecretPrepper Wrote: a lot of peoplle here are growing food. wouldnt you be tending the plants during the day?
I imagine a little recon would too even if it is just out a window.i have some night vision so no torches.

I agree, I'll be looking after my plants, but not sure I'll be going outside too soon to do it. Also, tending plants doesn't take 8-10 hours a day. Having said that, I agree it will be something to do.

Beyond that, you're right about night vision being very helpful. How long, in straight use, do the batteries last? Could imagine them to be pretty battery exhaustive. Having said that, I doubt I could just look outside for 1 hour at a time, if nothing was happening. I'd be more inclined to tend the plants in the dark, with the night vision. That'd be the best way to maintain a low profile! But if you do that, it'd then end up as all daylight hours with PLENTY of spare time.

If you think spare time will be rare, why do you think the baby boom generation appeared shortly after the blackouts in WW2? Because they needed something to do, and they found something VERY FUN to do.....sexercise.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maintaining Mental Function and staving off insanity post SHTF - by Scythe13 - 20 July 2013, 09:03