Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shovel
22 July 2013, 23:13,
Shovel
Has anyone got a recomendation for a small folding shovel that can actually take some abuse. I dont want one thats just gonna break when u try and use it in real dirt.

Looking for one that is easily transportable i have seen the folding ones on amazon but all the reviews say they bent when used on firmer soil, Only to use on sand etc.
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

23 July 2013, 02:04,
RE: Shovel

and best of all they only cost a £1Tongue
Survive the jive (youtube )
23 July 2013, 08:02,
Ive got one of these its not bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0McQ-cQmUZA
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
23 July 2013, 08:25,
http://richardcarterltd.co.uk/product/so...-t-shovel/

I know its not a folding shovel we keep 1 in each landrover so we have it with us at all times.
Failure is NOT an option
23 July 2013, 08:32,
I've had a few fold down and none of them stood up to heavy use for long. I have one in my bag but it must be used with care and I'm counting on only a few uses.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 July 2013, 12:39,
(23 July 2013, 02:04)Sunna Wrote:

and best of all they only cost a £1Tongue

That was pretty amazing

I have found that most folding ones are crap too SD

Ta for the ideas guys
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

23 July 2013, 14:56,
The military folding shovel is also quiet good, we have had two of these for years I always keep one in the car, and I use one when I go camping

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOLDING-ARMY-S...35c713d314
A major part of survival is invisibility.
23 July 2013, 17:30,
I got a folding shovel at the local auction..cost me £5!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 July 2013, 19:05,
I've got one of the military folder in the car at all times too OH bought it for me for one Christmas
24 July 2013, 00:50,
I have read many reviews on other forums about the Chinese shovel in the film and the film seems to be more impressive than the shovel. Apparently they simply keep filming until they get what they want on tape and go through a case of shovels as they fail in the process.

I can attest that the old issue folding shovel the U.S. army used to issue was a durable and useful item. I have dug more than one or two fighting holes with only one of those issue shovels, as have thousands of other GIs.

Your British shovel should be an equal performer. Most of the NATO gear is well tested and durable.

One simply must determine that they are getting REAL surplus and not some cheap knockoff.