Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
join the territorial army
24 July 2013, 23:52,
join the territorial army
should younger survivalists /preppers male or female join the ta to gain skills that would stay with them for the rest of their lives ?
i think yes great idea but i did hear that they would have no choice but to go to war if called to in years gone by you could decide yourself
if i was young enough i would jump at the chance
Survive the jive (youtube )
25 July 2013, 00:14,
RE: join the territorial army
More than one way to gain skills. The TA was good back when we were lead less by warmongers. Now TA guys die on training missions and they get called up to go and get killed for our politicians.

There are better ways imo.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
25 July 2013, 04:43,
SD, You are absolutely right, we are preppers and want to Survive. It is pure idiocy to want to risk suicide or, to become severely disabled. Kenneth Eames.
25 July 2013, 08:16,
I can understand, and agree with the Ken and SD above,... but at the same time, there is nothing wrong with military service, it put me in good stead, things you learn there will never be forgotten, things you learn there have a slightly different meaning to learning and doing something for `fun`

... but there is other ways to learn with less risk
A major part of survival is invisibility.
25 July 2013, 08:43,
I believe there is nothing wrong with joining the army for the training,I wish i had done it at 16 but the way i feel now not a chance,What would i be fighting for to be a foreigner being english where i live,For muslims to go straight to the top of the housing list........Fuck that
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
25 July 2013, 08:59, (This post was last modified: 25 July 2013, 09:00 by NorthernRaider.)
No I would no longer reccomend people to join the military, I and all my cousins served, I joined when I was 15 and finished in my mid 40s, My dad served as did his dad and his dad before that. We served when Britain was a nation to be proud of and when the warrior class was respected by our political masters. I would not let NR junior or his cousins sign up for this shithole of a country.

Todays military is used and abused by self serving politicians from idiots like Cameron to traitors like GW Bushes lackey Blair. Our country surrendered to the IRA and made its leaders Ministers it even allowed them to own guns for self defence something they deny the rest of society. Labour even tried to give away Gibralter when it was in office. They prosecute soldiers for doing their jobs and prevent them from shooting first when they see a terrorist be they IRA or Al Quaeda. We pander to and appease those who hate this country and treat with contempt thos who defend it.

Also whilst our boys n girls are fighting another proxy war for the yanks (The US having become PART of the Axis of evil rather than leading the fight against it) We find Muslim extremists including jihadists and Mujahadin / Al Quaeda being offered refugee status and sanctuary in the UK. ( Often with fatal consequencies).
We see huge families of former Iraqi or Afghan or Somali extremists being given luxury homes in the UK whilst army veterans were told they would have to wait decades for a house.

HL mon ami, todays world, todays army and todays national psyche is totally different to what it was in our day, just look at how todays politicians are selling out the Paras from 1972 for minor political gain.

Possibly join for the training but get the hell out before your life is wasted doing the dirty work for the Yanks or Europeans.

I was proud to serve in the greatest army on earth as part of the best Infantry Regiment ever as well as doing time in other regiments, I would not do it again today this country is not worth it. Besides our next war will be against the Europeans or the Americans and I'm sick of defeating them Smile

Today our young survivalists should take advantage of the numerous highly skilled veterans running training courses to gain the skills they need rather than take the oath to a country not worth fighting for.

25 July 2013, 09:30,
Danm right NR. Loads of bright hard working army personnel are being made redundant after risking thier safty and lives in conflicts the should not be involved in. Only to find that they have pretty much no chance of finding a decent job after leaving.
LBC radio did a piece recently on vetern sucicde rates- its tragic how this country treats its heroes. i'm not saying there nothing to be gained from joining, but I bet if you asked most of the vets if they were school leavers again - would they enlist now, most would say no.

Grumble over- gonna donate to Help for Heroes.......
25 July 2013, 09:54,
A perfect example of how the government of today treats our soldiers of today
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...0-000.html

Look elsewhere for your skills but dont waste your life on the military of 2013 because the govt WILL betray you.

25 July 2013, 10:26,
this is so bad it makes my teeth hurt ,this is what they think about us we are just a number guys
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
25 July 2013, 10:42,
Patriotic loyalty for a lost cause and dying British culture is just a waste of effort.