Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
warm air heating
4 December 2011, 10:38,
RE: warm air heating
(3 December 2011, 20:30)bowdrill Wrote: right dont no if this sounds stupid but im having this woodburner put in and lying in the bath with the extractor fan going i thought wot if i could extract the warm air from the living room into the the bedrooms and bath room and saving on electricity i was thinking of running these off battries recharged by a solar panel
comments and ideas gratefully recieved

b/d

Dont be daft you would be dead in twenty minutes Confused, The entire set up and design of stoves is to draw air FROM the room into the stove where it is heated, then those heated air and gases including carbon monoxide between 350 and 500 degrees rise UP the chimney and vent outside. If you start lowering the air pressure in the living room with an extracter fan you will end up drawing the fumes back into the room. Not having adequate air going into the room to feed the fire is the same as having a blocked chimney, IE fatal you NEED the airflow going up the flue and its already at less than 1 atmosphere so if you start sucking the warm air out of the room you will reverse the flow of the waste gases. As it is the law requires anyone fitting a stove over 5 kw in power rating to have an extra air vent fitted to the room to let more fresh air in from outside. My own wood burning heats most of the house by convection i just leave the internal doors open and let the heat rise up the stairs Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
warm air heating - by bowdrill - 3 December 2011, 20:30
RE: warm air heating - by Skean Dhude - 4 December 2011, 00:15
RE: warm air heating - by Nemesis - 4 December 2011, 01:02
RE: warm air heating - by bowdrill - 4 December 2011, 01:28
RE: warm air heating - by NorthernRaider - 4 December 2011, 10:38
RE: warm air heating - by bigpaul - 4 December 2011, 10:46
RE: warm air heating - by NorthernRaider - 4 December 2011, 14:14
RE: warm air heating - by Skean Dhude - 4 December 2011, 12:15
RE: warm air heating - by bigpaul - 4 December 2011, 12:52
RE: warm air heating - by bowdrill - 4 December 2011, 15:03