Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
black death
27 July 2013, 15:18,
black death
heres one for us all to think about not just THE USA

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/..._hp_ref=uk
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
27 July 2013, 16:23,
RE: black death
1 squirrel 3,000 miles away?? not even on the radar.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 July 2013, 17:26,
Closer to 6,000 miles away from you BP, unless you really live in New York City and are just posing as a Brit!

There are cases of plague reported every year on our west coast, usually farther north in Oregon or Washington State. We get a steady supply of Chinese rats off the container ships that dock on that side of our nation.

No one pays much attention any more due to the plague being treatable with antibiotics and it has been a long time since a death occurred.

This one resulted in closing two huge parks (thousands of sq miles) over a dead squirrel, but they are not going to shut down a major harbor facility over the rats they know are coming in constantly.

I would say there is something else happening and they need an excuse to keep the parks empty for a couple of years with a threat that will keep trespassers out, armed guards at the gates and the ability to "quarantine" any trespassers and explain their demise.
27 July 2013, 18:34,
im talking about post TSHTF
27 July 2013, 18:42,
(27 July 2013, 18:34)Barneyboy Wrote: im talking about post TSHTF

another good reason to have anti biotics on hand.

BB: yeah, I read Alas Babylon a while back and have been stockpiling salt since. its so cheap now. good barter item too. we have so much salt in our diets now that most people dont realize how important it is. in the wild animals will travel for miles just to get a few licks.
27 July 2013, 18:55,
(27 July 2013, 18:42)Debbie_F Wrote:
(27 July 2013, 18:34)Barneyboy Wrote: im talking about post TSHTF

another good reason to have anti biotics on hand.

BB: yeah, I read Alas Babylon a while back and have been stockpiling salt since. its so cheap now. good barter item too. we have so much salt in our diets now that most people dont realize how important it is. in the wild animals will travel for miles just to get a few licks.

yes my point was its still there hiding in the dark, anti biotics do the job now but when TSHTF it will spread ,alas Babylon is a very good book ,you are wright its one of the most important foods there is ,and the most over looked
27 July 2013, 18:59,
(27 July 2013, 18:55)Barneyboy Wrote: yes my point was its still there hiding in the dark, anti biotics do the job now but when TSHTF it will spread.

not unless squirrels can swim, post SHTF there wont be any ships coming in or any planes coming here, so unless squirrels know how to make a raft their stuck the other side of the pond.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 July 2013, 19:01,
(27 July 2013, 18:59)bigpaul Wrote:
(27 July 2013, 18:55)Barneyboy Wrote: yes my point was its still there hiding in the dark, anti biotics do the job now but when TSHTF it will spread.

not unless squirrels can swim, post SHTF there wont be any ships coming in or any planes coming here, so unless squirrels know how to make a raft their stuck the other side of the pond.

maybe here now mate
27 July 2013, 19:05,
wonder why they bothered to test the one in California? seems an odd thing to do unless they already knew it had it?? very strange. its probably a bit like "foot and mouth", it lingers in the soil and erupts from time to time.
27 July 2013, 19:09,
(27 July 2013, 19:05)bigpaul Wrote: wonder why they bothered to test the one in California? seems an odd thing to do unless they already knew it had it?? very strange. its probably a bit like "foot and mouth", it lingers in the soil and erupts from time to time.

I bloody hope not theres loads of plague pits around here