Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
antiques and collectables fairs
28 July 2013, 17:38,
antiques and collectables fairs
iv just been to the 3 counties show ground malvern to their antique and collectables fair and if your looking for bayonets , swords , knives and scrap gold and silver and the best load of old well made british farm tools .
the stuff they used before the electric age this is the place to be ,they hold the fairs here about 4 times a year and its only £3 to get in if malvern is a bit far from you their are different fairs all over the uk theirs loads of stalls i spent over 3hrs walking around and i only saw about half of it their was even a tv film crew doing one of those antique shows

happy hunting
Survive the jive (youtube )
28 July 2013, 17:46,
RE: antiques and collectables fairs
I go to car boot sales, most of them are rubbish but two I go to are great, 1 I've just come back from at Stratton near Bude starts at 1.30 on a Sunday and the other is at Exeter on a sunday but you have to get up early as it starts at 7AM, these are excellent because you get a lot of traders which a lot of Devon car boots don't allow, so you get a lot of toys and baby stuff and not much else at those.i always come back with lots of stuff.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 July 2013, 19:18,
I love Car boot sales. Also check out Freecycle. There are loads of great free offers on there. Seen jam jars and jam pan, demi Johns, barrels and all sorts of other great stuff. I just picked up a singer sewing machine for free.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
29 July 2013, 07:37,
(28 July 2013, 17:38)Sunna Wrote: iv just been to the 3 counties show ground malvern to their antique and collectables fair and if your looking for bayonets , swords , knives and scrap gold and silver and the best load of old well made british farm tools .
the stuff they used before the electric age this is the place to be ,they hold the fairs here about 4 times a year and its only £3 to get in if malvern is a bit far from you their are different fairs all over the uk theirs loads of stalls i spent over 3hrs walking around and i only saw about half of it their was even a tv film crew doing one of those antique shows

happy hunting

Just a thought, a list of local antique shops in your area.
May be worth a visit for scavenging post SHTF
29 July 2013, 08:55,
Seconding Sunna's suggestion. I've got lots of pre-electric things at these fairs, including a fantastic old mincer that'll mash up just about anything.

There's a good list here of those coming up in the next months.
29 July 2013, 13:08,
(29 July 2013, 08:55)Little Lou Wrote: Seconding Sunna's suggestion. I've got lots of pre-electric things at these fairs, including a fantastic old mincer that'll mash up just about anything.

There's a good list here of those coming up in the next months.

yes theirs just loads of ,wouldent be able to get buy without them items in a would without power/ tractors / running water /chain saws , the list is never ending
Survive the jive (youtube )