• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LifeStraws
31 July 2013, 12:50,
RE: LifeStraws
Great replys - thanks to all.

Gonna order a couple asap. Smile
2 August 2013, 18:45,
thanks BP will be looking to order one of the pumped filter with some spare filters
3 August 2013, 06:44,
if you are looking for a pumped filter look at the katadyn mini it purifies 7000l before it needs the filter changing and costs around £80 but the filters cost about £60 ,katadyn also do one called the camp filters 30,000l using gravity that costs about £90 (they also do a pump called the pocket that does 50,000l but it costs £300 )
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
3 August 2013, 09:26,
Straw brought and ready to go. I will take it camping newxt week and see how good it is.
3 August 2013, 09:47,
(2 August 2013, 18:45)I-K-E Wrote: thanks BP will be looking to order one of the pumped filter with some spare filters

yep, me too! I think Lifestraws are excellent as a PERSONAL water filter in your backpack but you cant really filter and store water with it, its just purely an emergency aid, the pump filter allows you to filter and STORE water if you have a suitable container and unlike the lifestraw you can buy replacement filters for it therefore extending its life.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 August 2013, 09:53,
Deffinatly BP.
Gonna be using this as an addition to other means. Kinda thinking you only need to use it once to save your ass, so for £30 its a bargin.
3 August 2013, 10:03, (This post was last modified: 3 August 2013, 10:09 by bigpaul.)
(3 August 2013, 09:53)MCavity Wrote: Deffinatly BP.
Gonna be using this as an addition to other means. Kinda thinking you only need to use it once to save your ass, so for £30 its a bargin.

yeah, I am not knocking Lifestraws-i have one myself, I also have a LifeSaver water filter bottle and I am gonna buy one of these pump jobs too...along with at least one replacement filter.....I reckon having several different means to filter water cant be wrong!Big Grin

post shtf you can go without food for a while but clean drinking water will be a different matter.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 August 2013, 17:03,
I have taken a slightly different course and have the Lifestraw for emergency use and makings for a slow sand filter in the homestead supplies.

Most of my fluid intake is as coffee and teas and that will continue for some time. That use will require only running through a coarse filter since it will be boiled anyway.

No need to use up your filter life on water you are going to boil anyway.
3 August 2013, 17:07,
depends what you think is in the water, I always thought boiling water took out the bugs but concentrated any chemicals in it.
4 August 2013, 06:42,
you might want to invest in a Millbank bank it does not purify the water it just filters it taking out the rubbish then you boil the water for a couple of minutes to take out viruses
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/