Meat Alternative
1 August 2013, 08:37,
Meat Alternative
I thought this was interesting. Easily put away in a shed etc
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...-home.html
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

1 August 2013, 09:57,
RE: Meat Alternative
I've seem something similar before but this one was used to produce food for chickens and fish.

We may end up with little choice soon. They will give it a nice name like JeFuChWhy. Basically what people said when they found out what was in it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 August 2013, 10:07,
As long as they are covered in hot sauce they would taste alright Big Grin
But seriously they provide a good source of minerals,We will probably be eating them in the future with not a problem
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-says.html
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
1 August 2013, 12:01,
I think I'd cook, dry and grind them into a kind of flour which I could add to vegetable stews and suchlike. That way you get the protein without having to experience the look and texture of the insects. Maybe the Mk2 version will do this, much as a coffee vending machine grinds its own coffee beans!
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
1 August 2013, 12:09,
(1 August 2013, 09:57)Skean Dhude Wrote: I've seem something similar before but this one was used to produce food for chickens and fish.

We may end up with little choice soon. They will give it a nice name like JeFuChWhy. Basically what people said when they found out what was in it.

Any links? Sounds awesome

I wouldn't worry bout taste I heard they taste nutty. I imagine some will be bitter tasting.
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

1 August 2013, 12:23,
no thanks i'll stick to meat.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 August 2013, 15:21,
I saw a cheaper version once.

It was called a trash bin with a dead dog inside.
1 August 2013, 17:03,
they'll be plenty of stray dogs post shtf, a million Chinese cant be wrong!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 August 2013, 18:45,
it just dont look right , kentucky fried maggots Confused
Survive the jive (youtube )
1 August 2013, 19:17,
SecretPrepper,

I'll see if I can find it but I think it is a Kurt Saxon file.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin