Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Vodka from Potatoes
21 November 2012, 22:05,
RE: Making Vodka from Potatoes
Goddamit hes a Kentuckian !! I was hoping for a Kansan. SD get back out there and find me a heartlander to jaw with.

21 November 2012, 22:07,
(21 November 2012, 22:05)NorthernRaider Wrote: Goddamit hes a Kentuckian !! I was hoping for a Kansan. SD get back out there and find me a heartlander to jaw with.

i new it your a yank NR
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
21 November 2012, 22:53,
Hah , only if Co Durham is an American state.

21 November 2012, 23:11,
Well if you live near philidelphia your one nr
22 November 2012, 03:16,
Now look what I started!

17 January 2013, 18:15,
does this recipe produce good quality vodka as I have been reading through the thread. Not interested in drinking it as I am a non drinker but want to produce a good amount
17 January 2013, 18:22,
I'm lost. Is someone saying the recipe doesn't work because I have missed out something?

Looking at it now I see that I could be just boiling water but doesn't the rest do something. I'll have a look at another book.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 January 2013, 18:25,
Mortblanc
Given 32 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
Seems strange to me, as a resident of the Buorbon State, that no one has realized that the recipe posted by the OP will not produce anything resembling alcahol.

Only some distilled water will be found at the end of this process.

There is no fermentation stage included in the process. To obtain alcahol there must be a fermentation to change the sugers into alcahol that can be trapped by the still.
18 January 2013, 06:48,
SD, You missed the added yeast stage and the fermentation, easily done. I thought with all our knowledgeable members, they would have noticed this and made the necessary addition to the recipe. Kenneth Eames.
18 January 2013, 09:14,
I have brewed cider successfully but when it comes to vodka it is a area i do not know much on and wish to learn as much as i can so i can begin producing it and storing the stuff i make