Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody got any fishing recommendations?
31 January 2012, 21:42,
RE: Anybody got any fishing recommendations?
(6 December 2011, 17:51)Skean Dhude Wrote: I've a stack of fishing gear but I'm not a fisher. Has anyone got any recommendations for what we should put away for fishing use?

Hi,

I don't much but survival fishing I have some experience of, I did a couple of survival course in the military and it has been my great interest for many years.
Some thing for you to think about:-
Learn to tie basic trout flies it is really not difficult I can show you how, (EVERY freshwater fish & many sea fish(e.g. bass & mackerel) will take a fly be it tied as an insect, lure, fly or non-descript as long as it looks like food. Also & here is the great bit it can be FREE!
and although I can't deny it helps, you don't have spend years learning to cast. Many years ago people caught fish with absolutely NONE of the gear we have now. Fish do not go to fisherman avoidance classes, all the old methods will still catch fish and keep you alive.

I don't want to bore you and this could be a long post so if you are interested in knowing more and the guvnor wants, I will do an article on survival freshwater and sea fishing methods. Please let me know your pleasure.
Any Fool Can Be Unprepared!
The More I Learn, The More I Realise How Little I Knew!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody got any fishing recommendations? - by Pagan - 31 January 2012, 21:42