Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is something I had not considered before
7 August 2013, 10:10,
Here is something I had not considered before
Imagine after TSHTF and for example we get a drought followed by a wet winter OR vice versa and weather condition that causes the ground to heave and settle. In much of the UK the domestic water supplies now travel through large pipes from 36 to 48 inch diameter or bigger to our towns and cities, before being fed into ever smaller pipes to supply homes and businesses. Just consider the inevitable end result of a large main failing AFTER TSHTF when there is no one to stop the leak or repair it. The damage to an area suffering prolonged flooding would be massive and it could in only a few months completely alter the local geography as it washed away roads, undermind buildings, created new water ways, AND damaged the sewage systems allowing cross contamination of the two systems.

Equally as a further worry what about the blocked storm drains, gulleys, rain water drains etc that we spend nearly a billion pounds a year keeping them clean and free flowing, you could add who will maintain the many victorian reserviors that cover the country (I would not like to live downstream from a reservior)

Then consider our coastal and riverside areas with no one to maintain the flood and sea wall defences.

The damage shown in the article below occured in under 3 hours of the main bursting, imagine what it would be like if left to run unchecked for days or weeks as it would after TSHTF??

Time to study your local utility route maps I think !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...mains.html

Messages In This Thread
Here is something I had not considered before - by NorthernRaider - 7 August 2013, 10:10